1. #1 Rep. Elijah Cummings (D-MD): ‘I cross the street’ when white women walk toward me 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Cummings tells a and DUmmies eat it up...

Fri Jul 19, 2013, 06:06 PM
    Tx4obama

Rep. Elijah Cummings (D-MD): ‘I cross the street’ when white women walk toward me

Last edited Fri Jul 19, 2013, 08:54 PM USA/ET - Edit history (1)

Cummings: ‘I cross the street’ when white women walk toward me

Washington (CNN) – Rep. Elijah Cummings, D-Maryland, has been a member of Congress for almost two decades.

Yet when he is walking down the street in Washington, D.C., at night and white women walk toward him, he says "I cross the street" to avoid making them uncomfortable.

Cummings says he rarely speaks about race or what life is like as a black man, but says President Barack Obama's heartfelt remarks Friday afternoon made him more comfortable to do so.

"I think it's important that he speak out and he brings a very unique perspective, because is the president and he has been extremely fortunate compared to most African-Americans, and yet still he can speak to the prejudices that most of us still face," Cummings told CNN in a telephone interview.

-snip-

Full article here: http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...alk-toward-me/

Such an easy lie to tell and racist morons like the DUmmies just can't wait to H-5 him and add their widdle tales.
    May the FORCE be with you!

2. #2 Rep. Elijah Cummings (D-MD): ‘I cross the street’ when white women walk toward me 
    link

Sp Elijah Cummings (D-MD) ADMITS to being a racist - He crosses the street when white women walk toward him because HE KNOWS what they are thinking and feeling - ie. they are "uncomfortable" walking by a black man.....and the DUmmies swoon at how thoughtful he is.

Star Member Tx4obama (31,137 posts)

Rep. Elijah Cummings (D-MD): ‘I cross the street’ when white women walk toward me

click here

Last edited Fri Jul 19, 2013, 08:54 PM USA/ET - Edit history (1)

Cummings: ‘I cross the street’ when white women walk toward me

Washington (CNN) – Rep. Elijah Cummings, D-Maryland, has been a member of Congress for almost two decades.

Yet when he is walking down the street in Washington, D.C., at night and white women walk toward him, he says "I cross the street" to avoid making them uncomfortable.

Cummings says he rarely speaks about race or what life is like as a black man, but says President Barack Obama's heartfelt remarks Friday afternoon made him more comfortable to do so.

"I think it's important that he speak out and he brings a very unique perspective, because is the president and he has been extremely fortunate compared to most African-Americans, and yet still he can speak to the prejudices that most of us still face," Cummings told CNN in a telephone interview.

-snip-

Full article here: http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...alk-toward-me/
    MADem (88,827 posts)
    1. I love me some Elijah but he ain't from Massachusetts. I wish he were. nt
    Star Member babylonsister (144,668 posts)
    2. Wow! And as a white woman, if I saw him, I'd hug him. This is

messed up in so many ways. I understand, but can't stand the mindset that makes Mr. Cummings think he has to go to these lengths.
    Tarheel_Dem (17,569 posts)
    5. It's true. I've seen black men pass up an elevator so as not to make anyone uncomfortable. Sad....

but true. I don't know how you allay the fears of white women, if they hold preconceived notions of who you are. The juror who spoke out after the trial is a perfect example of someone most black men would avoid, just so she wouldn't feel "uncomfortable" or threatened in any way.
    Star Member Spitfire of ATJ (8,879 posts)
    10. I see a YouTube vid in the making....

Have a bunch of various race people reacting with irrational fear and revulsion of a white girl.

Then have her stand in front of a mirror and see herself as a black male teenager.
    Star Member PDJane (9,084 posts)
    26. In 2001, I had a little girl on a bus ask if she could sit on the seat next to me.

It was hot, and her parents were holding her in between them in a seat meant for two. I said 'sure,' and she moved to my seat while her parents had a small bird. I asked what she was reading, talked about her dolls, where she lived, what her name was.....and her parents kept shushing her. I finally told them the child was a break in a long trip, and what was the problem? The father cleared his throat and asked me where I was from. I told him Toronto, and that I lived right downtown. That seemed to help the fussing and fuming, but not entirely. She was a charming, very pretty little girl, and I wasn't sure if they thought I was going to abduct her or what....and couldn't get the disapproval from the near seats at all.

After this stuff, I understand a bit better, perhaps....
    Right...it was RACISM...and not simply a stranger..no matter the color of skin that parents were concerned about.....nor thoughtful parents wanting their child to not bother someone who might not want to be thrilled with a child's constant chatter.

Merged.

I don't know, there might be a little truth in what Cummings is saying.

When I lived in the hood, some black men crossed the street to avoid passing me on the sidewalk. Mainly because I was usually walking a crazy-looking big dog and singing "Take Me Home, Country Roads" to myself. People seem to want to avoid the white chick in that situation.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I don't know, there might be a little truth in what Cummings is saying.

When I lived in the hood, some black men crossed the street to avoid passing me on the sidewalk. Mainly because I was usually walking a crazy-looking big dog and singing "Take Me Home, Country Roads" to myself. People seem to want to avoid the white chick in that situation.
    LOL!!! SLW's son is a pet sitter / walker and he has to walk some of his clients pooches in "questionable" areas. One of the
    dogs is a wolf mix. When he walks him some of the bros ask him if that's a wolf. He wisely answers "Yes". I've told him
    to add, "and he's hungry".

Quote Originally Posted by Carol View Post
    link

Sp Elijah Cummings (D-MD) ADMITS to being a racist - He crosses the street when white women walk toward him because HE KNOWS what they are thinking and feeling - ie. they are "uncomfortable" walking by a black man.....and the DUmmies swoon at how thoughtful he is.

Right...it was RACISM...and not simply a stranger..no matter the color of skin that parents were concerned about.....nor thoughtful parents wanting their child to not bother someone who might not want to be thrilled with a child's constant chatter.
    Maybe he's afraid of getting sexually assaulted? You know how those women can be...
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!