1. #1 RIP Dennis Farina 
    Dennis Farina, star of 'Law & Order,' dead at 69

Born Feb. 29, 1944, in Chicago, he was a city detective before he found his way into the acting profession as he neared his forties.

His first film was the 1981 action drama "Thief," directed by Michael Mann,
    whom he had met through a mutual friend while still working for the Chicago Police Department.

"I remember going to the set that day and being intrigued by the whole thing," Farina recalled in a 2004 interview with The Associated Press.
    "I liked it. And everybody was extremely nice to me. If the people were rude and didn't treat me right, things could have gone the other way."

http://www.chron.com/entertainment/t...php?cmpid=hpbn
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.

He was one of those great journeyman actors who could play pretty much anything. RIP.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

He was the star of Crime Story, which was really an awesome cop show of the 80s, but set in the early 60s in Chicago and later in Vegas.

He was in a lot of Michael Mann productions, including Miami Vice and Crime Story, and he played Jennifer Lopez's dad in Out of Sight. I think he was in Get Shorty, too. He was one of those actors who could play a good guy as well as he could a bad guy. I always liked him.

The world was a better place when Mike Torello patrolled the streets.

I liked Crime Story but hated how it ended. It ended on a cliffhanger.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    I liked Crime Story but hated how it ended. It ended on a cliffhanger.

The Chicago episodes in the first season are gold. The second season was written after they thought they were cancelled so it's not so good (good first-season finale, probably meant as the series finale: boom), but better than no Torello and friends. Years of plot development squeezed into a few weeks (Luca went from street hood to international crime lord in a few months of the show's time frame). And the cliffhanger. Don't take us on this journey only to (probably) kill off Torello.

I would have liked to have seen a crossover episode of the recent short-lived 'Mad Men' copy 'The Playboy Club'; get lookalike actors the right ages for Torello and his MCU. Perfect setting, right city, right year.
    Last edited by The young fogey; 07-23-2013 at 08:36 PM.