Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    How would they know that Melvinia was raped?
    Would you speculate that the heir of a slave plantation, would "date" or "romance" a slave...? Even if you acknowledged that possibility, the dynamics of the relationship structure prevented a personal choice in the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    And most people like me, whose families immigrated to the US way after slavery was outlawed, still get blamed for being descendents of slave owners when we are no such thing. My ancestors were dirt poor for 400 years. If Spike Lee wants his 40 acres and a mule, he can ask Michelle Obama to provide it, since her ancestors WERE slave owners.
    Ditto mine and when they came here, they weren't exactly treated as the salt of the earth...unless someone has a different interpretation of how Italians were treated in the early 20th century.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Ditto mine and when they came here, they weren't exactly treated as the salt of the earth...unless someone has a different interpretation of how Italians were treated in the early 20th century.
    That all changed when we tried the pizza and spaghetti.

Sent from my XT557 using Tapatalk 2
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg