1. #1 Anyone Hear Of This Case? 
    I don't recall Obama saying that if he had a son he'd look like Christopher Cervini. I don't recall people marching in the streets after Scott was acquitted. Hell, I don't recall this even making the news. I had to literally stumble across this:

http://rochester.ynn.com/content/top...tt-not-guilty/

And Snopes confirms it:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/crime/roderickscott.asp

Complete parallel to the Zimmerman case with the exception that Scott shot Cervini as Cervini was allegedly running at him while Zimmerman shot Martin while Martin was pounding his head into cement. And yet, not a peep. Tells you something.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Senior Member Unreconstructed Reb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    I don't recall Obama saying that if he had a son he'd look like Christopher Cervini. I don't recall people marching in the streets after Scott was acquitted. Hell, I don't recall this even making the news. I had to literally stumble across this:

http://rochester.ynn.com/content/top...tt-not-guilty/

And Snopes confirms it:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/crime/roderickscott.asp

Complete parallel to the Zimmerman case with the exception that Scott shot Cervini as Cervini was allegedly running at him while Zimmerman shot Martin while Martin was pounding his head into cement. And yet, not a peep. Tells you something.
    Never heard of it but it's exactly the case that I've been looking for. There is a black woman that works with me that flatly states that if Zimmerman was black and Trayvon was white that Zimmerman would have been found guilty. Thanks for the post.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that you won't need it until they try to take it away."---Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by Unreconstructed Reb View Post
    Never heard of it but it's exactly the case that I've been looking for. There is a black woman that works with me that flatly states that if Zimmerman was black and Trayvon was white that Zimmerman would have been found guilty. Thanks for the post.
    This pretty much blows a hole in that theory doesn't it.
    Last edited by NJCardFan; 07-26-2013 at 11:45 AM.

That case has been making the rounds quite a bit since Zimmerman's verdict was read.

At best, I've heard it disputed that in the case of Cervini's death - he was undisputably caught in the commission of a crime. While Martin, wasn't.

What I find far more striking though, is that Zimmerman was physically attacked while Scott was never touched.

Regardless, it's a pretty incredible rebuke to many of the notions insanely being carried by many about the Zimmerman case.

Quote Originally Posted by Artois View Post
    That case has been making the rounds quite a bit since Zimmerman's verdict was read.

At best, I've heard it disputed that in the case of Cervini's death - he was undisputably caught in the commission of a crime. While Martin, wasn't.

What I find far more striking though, is that Zimmerman was physically attacked while Scott was never touched.

Regardless, it's a pretty incredible rebuke to many of the notions insanely being carried by many about the Zimmerman case.
    It's a direct rebuke to what the race baiters have been flinging about that had the races been mixed, the result would have been different. Also, no one ever said Martin was committing a crime. He looked suspicious and from what Zimmerman said, Martin was acting suspiciously. I mean, who goes out in the rain just to buy Skittles and watermelon juice then takes their sweet time, again in the rain, going home?

................., who goes out in the rain just to buy Skittles and watermelon juice then takes their sweet time, again in the rain, going home?
    Someone higher than a kite and wanting to fly some more.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.

It's a direct rebuke to what the race baiters have been flinging about that had the races been mixed, the result would have been different. Also, no one ever said Martin was committing a crime. He looked suspicious and from what Zimmerman said, Martin was acting suspiciously. I mean, who goes out in the rain just to buy Skittles and watermelon juice then takes their sweet time, again in the rain, going home?
    Teenaged boys go out in the rain to buy junk food. Teenaged boys are dumbasses, sometimes.

I don't think Zimmerman was guilty of 2nd degree murder, but I also don't think Trayvon Martin deserved to die.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Teenaged boys go out in the rain to buy junk food. Teenaged boys are dumbasses, sometimes.

I don't think Zimmerman was guilty of 2nd degree murder, but I also don't think Trayvon Martin deserved to die.
    Knock the shit off. Name me one person who said Martin deserved to die.

It's a direct rebuke to what the race baiters have been flinging about that had the races been mixed, the result would have been different.
    Completely agree.

Also, no one ever said Martin was committing a crime.
    I'm not stating he was committing a crime either.

He looked suspicious and from what Zimmerman said, Martin was acting suspiciously.
    I honestly find the whole notion that Zimmerman profiled Martin to be absolutely absurd. As it's meaningless to me if he did, not that I'm even suggesting that he did. To start with, I'm not necessarily opposed to profiling under all circumstance. Secondly as a citizen and not a public official-representative, law enforcement, landlord, or hiring employer... I wouldn't care if he did profile! There's nothing illegal about profiling outside of those circumstances that I'm aware of. Especially when Martin did fit the profile of the recent burglars in that area to an extent.

I mean, who goes out in the rain just to buy Skittles and watermelon juice then takes their sweet time, again in the rain, going home?
    Honestly, I believe there's a strong likelihood he was buying those to go home and make drank. As his own texts or facebook posts showed he was into.
    Last edited by Artois; 07-29-2013 at 05:47 PM.