Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DumbAss Tanker View Post
    Well, you can bet it won't be Richard.
    I'm surprised that Elizabeth II named her son Charles, given how the first two ended up, or that Charles named his son William (only two Williams, the Conqueror and William of Orange, but the only one who ruled by himself was the Conqueror). Maybe they should just name him Edmund and get him a servant named Baldrick.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    I'm surprised that Elizabeth II named her son Charles, given how the first two ended up, or that Charles named his son William (only two Williams, the Conqueror and William of Orange, but the only one who ruled by himself was the Conqueror). Maybe they should just name him Edmund and get him a servant named Baldrick.
    Of course the given name does not have to be the monarch's name - if/when Charles succeeds, he can designate himself any name he wants. King George VI was known as Albert (Bertie) before he succeeded, and Edward VIII (later Duke of Windsor) was known as David.
    I like Charles (both for his grandfather and his great-uncle, Earl Spencer)
    Albert (for Victoria’s consort – she wanted all male descendants to have that name somewhere in the lineup)
    Henry (for uncle Harry)
    David (family name, and the patron saint of Wales)

Let’s see how this pans out. Those are my bets.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Power CUer
    Oh, and there were four Williams, not two. William the Conqueror, his son William II, William the III (of Orange, who co-reigned with Mary), and William IV, the direct predecessor of Victoria.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    She needs to drop those added on pounds quick so she can be hot again.
    I wish we had a throwing brick at head smilie.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    A baby is always something to celebrate!
    According to those who share your political beliefs, a baby is something to kill as a matter of convenience. And it saddens me that there are millions in this country that are more interested in this garbage than the fact that their government is eroding their rights on a daily basis.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    I wish we had a throwing brick at head smilie.
    Still looking, but you can try this:

Quote Originally Posted by DumbAss Tanker View Post
    Well, you can bet it won't be Richard.
    Or John. There's a reason we call toilets and the customers of whores "Johns".

Obviously, 2 of the 3 Richards sullied the name. But a King Dick would be fun for the comedians.

Power CUer
    King John was indeed a bad lot, but in the more immediate family history, John is a name of sad memory. Many people don't even know that George V and Queen Mary had a son named John (younger brother of King Edward VIII/Duke of Windsor and George VI), who had severe epilepsy and died at 13 (1905-1919).

I predict it will be Spencer after Mama Diana.

Or is that going against the rules?

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    King John was indeed a bad lot, but in the more immediate family history, John is a name of sad memory. Many people don't even know that George V and Queen Mary had a son named John (younger brother of King Edward VIII/Duke of Windsor and George VI), who had severe epilepsy and died at 13 (1905-1919).
    why am I not surprised you are following this? We are losing our civil liberties one small step at a time (that won't get you up in arms) but the name of a kid who is richer than most born these days gets you all of a flutter :)
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly