Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. #1 Your Place in the Database 
    http://www.americanthinker.com/2013/..._database.html

A chilling article:

....The Relational Database

For me, the most stomach-churning signpost on our nation's road to tyranny has been the completion of the Utah Data Center. The center holds data on the scale of yottabytes. One yottabyte could account for 30 million gigabytes per U.S. man, woman, and child. It's a staggering capacity. Now, for Americans, the camera is always rolling, creating a record of our every digital move. It reminds one of The Truman Show, a movie in which Jim Carrey's entire life was filmed and broadcast as entertainment without him knowing it.

Because of the power of relational databases, and the laws governing internet service provider record-keeping, anything stored in the data centers (there are many across the nation, the Utah Center being the largest and most recent) can be tied to us directly. When tied to other sources of government data, it's a more complete picture of our life than most of us could even provide about ourselves. The websites we browse, the comments we make, the e-mails we send, the phone calls to friends, the internet purchases, the Facebook associations, and most everything else you can think of are easily tied together.

Your phone number is tied to your name, and your name to your Social Security number, and that number to your credit card, and your credit card to your purchases. Your name is tied to your e-mail address, and through that and phone metadata, your associations are mapped....

...I know what some of you are thinking. "I'm a nobody. They won't waste time with me." Our national security apparatus does not have to waste time with you. Computer algorithms, which are more accurate and faster than humans, will analyze everything about you to determine where you fall on the threat matrix, perhaps even knowing your intentions before you formulate them.

"I am not a terrorist, so I don't have to worry." In the drip-drip of truth, we recently found that the NSA spies on people "3 hops" removed from a suspect. That means that if you are the friend of a friend of a friend of a suspect, you are a suspect.

The algorithms are only going to get more sophisticated, and the data collection more thorough. We just found out that the police across the country are using federal grant money to emplace license plate scanners on their vehicles, passively collecting even more location data. The lessons learned by our government from the drone war in Muslim lands are set to be applied here; the FAA estimates that 30,000 drones will be in use by 2020. A school in San Antonio, TX just ended its hotly contested use of RFID chips to track students, but what is far more important is that a federal court upheld their use in January. This small step back for tracking was preceded by a dozen steps forward, and there will be more to come.....

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/2013/...#ixzz2ZsqdBe8D
    Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

Once the government gets hold of data, it NEVER lets it go. After all, it might be useful some day.

There are three solutions. 1. EMP, 2. Contamination of the data, and 3. Multiple identities.

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

Another good one Elspeth!

What bothers me most about the article is this line:

Computer algorithms, which are more accurate and faster than humans, will analyze everything about you to determine where you fall on the threat matrix, perhaps even knowing your intentions before you formulate them.
    Unbelievably dangerous to our liberty!

Marv ...

There are three solutions. 1. EMP, 2. Contamination of the data, and 3. Multiple identities.
    Don't even mention #1 to me. After reading William R. Forstchen's "One Second After" book, it gives me the willies! Was a good read, but quite disconcerting!

And now back to what I should be doing back here in River City.

~ ABC
    American By Choice ~ 1980

If anyone has ever called CPS on you and the case was denied for lack of evidence or whatever reason, be sure that the case was expunged. Make sure you get a record of the expungement from the department.

People use CPS to harrass exes, to harrass neighbors, and for all kinds of purposes that it shouldn't be used for. If the case is denied, it should be expunged. It doesn't always happen that way, though.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    If anyone has ever called CPS on you and the case was denied for lack of evidence or whatever reason, be sure that the case was expunged. Make sure you get a record of the expungement from the department.

People use CPS to harrass exes, to harrass neighbors, and for all kinds of purposes that it shouldn't be used for. If the case is denied, it should be expunged. It doesn't always happen that way, though.
    Why do I think this will change now? I see the NSA having copies of CPS reports forever.

Computer algorithms, which are more accurate and faster than humans, will analyze everything about you to determine where you fall on the threat matrix,...
    Anybody ever hear of "computer glitch"? Algorithms are formulated by humans, and incorporated into computer programs by humans. Sometimes they are errors or mistakes, but sometimes they are deliberate. I can tell you of one deliberate "bug" at the Kansas City Federal Reserve branch. But the one true fact is that computers are faster than humans.

EMP? It only affects electronic/electrical devices like my heart pacemaker, auto ignitions, stuff that run aircraft, computer memory, etc. that aren't hardened.

But I'm sure that place in Utah is "hardened" so that it won't forget your 1998 state and Federal tax return info and the street address of your parents when you were born. As we speak, medical, local, state and Federal records are being fed into it for "safe keeping"...just in case. But not to worry, all Federal and contractor employees are cleared to the required security level. They just want it to track terrorists......whoever they think they might be

Sleep well.

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    Why do I think this will change now? I see the NSA having copies of CPS reports forever.

The NSA still has to get a warrant to get CPS records from the state. But if someone ever used CPS to harrass you and the worker made a mistake and didn't expunge the case after denying it, it can be held against you if you apply to work with kids, if you try to get guardianship of a relative's kid in an emergency, and other situations.

Perhaps when Odrama is finished Pivoting towards JOBS he will speak to us on our CONCERNS that our Privacy Be Respected ??

This Message Not Approved by the NSA

Quote Originally Posted by Meshuga Mikey View Post

Perhaps when Odrama is finished Pivoting towards JOBS he will speak to us on our CONCERNS that our Privacy Be Respected ??
    ...and I have a bridge...

Quote Originally Posted by marv View Post
    ...and I have a bridge...

Barry and his minions are rather CONCERNED about a bill before congress that will DEFUND the NSA

THIS MIGHT BE the Achilles HEEL!