Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    The Weiner is trying to explain his actions.

Full letter
    http://politicker.com/2013/07/weiner...still-running/

I owe it to you to try to explain.

Sending these embarrassing messages to women online, whom I never met, was a personal failing that was hurtful to my wife and a part of my life that Huma and I have put behind us. [1] These things I did, as you have read in the papers, didn’t happen once. [2] It was a terrible mistake that I unfortunately returned to during a rough time in our marriage. [3] After a lot of reflection, [4] some professional help, [5] and a general reorientation of my life, [6] Huma has given me a second chance. [7] I will never stop being grateful for that.

Before and after announcing my run for Mayor, I repeatedly answered every question about these mistakes. I was clear that these relationships took place over an extended period of time with more than one person. I regret not saying explicitly when these exchanges happened.

But the bottom line is that the “news” today is about my past life.

Some people may find my personal life reason not to listen to me. I completely understand that some may not ever even consider voting for me. But I’m going to keep trying to bring them around and earn their support. This fight is too important to give up, because I’ve had embarrassing personal things become public.

This campaign isn’t about me. It’s about a great city that is beginning to lose its mantle as the Capital of the Middle Class. It’s about the challenge of finding affordable housing, a good job with benefits and a public school that attracts the greatest teachers and produces the smartest kids. This race for Mayor isn’t about me. It’s about you. And I’ll never lose sight of that.

New Yorkers don’t quit, and I’ll never quit on you.
    Sincerely,
    Anthony
    1. Looking at the look on Hums's face was one that she hasn't put it behind her. She looked pissed.

2. Not once, twice and looking like continuing with many many women.

3. It was my wifes fault I did all of this.

4. He realized he really wanted to be mayor.

5. My wife threatened to go Lorena Bobbitt on me.

6. I told all those girls to delete every thing a month before I officially ran.

7. Lawyers are standing by.
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

Power CUer
    I liked Ruth Marcus' comment in an op-ed this morning: "Abedin’s acceptance is hers to bestow, but she cannot force it on us. Not when Weiner acknowledges that his sexting is “in our rearview mirror, but it’s not far.” How many car crashes are enough before you yank the driver’s license?"
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Why? If the madam can run so can this, pardon the pun, dickhead.
    The madam is running for comptroller against Client #9. It's a clear choice between a swallower and a Spitzer.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!