Thread: Feds investigate Redneck Day at Arizona high school, have nothing better to do

1. #1 Feds investigate Redneck Day at Arizona high school, have nothing better to do 
    The U.S. Department of Education has officially opened an investigation into allegations that an Arizona high school’s campus-wide “Redneck Day” amounted to a federal civil rights violation.

The kerfuffle giving rise to the investigation arose back in May at Queen Creek High School on the outskirts of Phoenix. The student council hatched a plan to energize students for prom week that included a faculty adviser-approved “Redneck Day.” The point was to dress like – and spoof – “Duck Dynasty,” an A&E reality TV show which follows a wealthy, eccentric Louisiana family.

It’s not exactly clear how dressing like a hillbilly was going to motivate anyone for prom. What did happen, though, is that one kid bedecked himself in Confederate flag regalia, which offended some students. (RELATED: ‘Redneck Day,’ ‘White Trash Wednesday’ don’t go over so well at public schools)

In a July 18 missive to Reverend Jarrett Maupin II, the complainant, the Department’s Office for Civil Rights branch office in Denver details the status of the investigation.

“On May 23, 2013, we received your complaint alleging the Queen Creek Unified School District (District) discriminated on the basis of race,” the letter reads. “Specifically, you allege that the District discriminated by creating a racially hostile environment at the ‘redneck day’ event on May 1, 2013, at Queen Creek High School and by failing to take action to correct the racially hostile environment.”

The racial hostility apparently occurred because of one student who was wearing the Confederate flag—apparently like a cape. An assistant principal asked the student to remove the flag cape, which he did.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/07/26/fe...#ixzz2aBviGK00
    It is seriously none of their fucking business.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Absolutely. It's also a bloody egregious misprioritization of Federal resources in my view.

W.T.F.??

At first, I thought that some white Southerners had complained about being characterized as rednecks. That would have been a hostile environment.

But one kid wears a Confederate flag--like a cape (hardly respectful of that flag)--and some black preacher complains that he felt a hostile environment? Can we say "chasing Benjamins"?

This is about money, pure and simple. They're going to get a settlement from the school district and enrich the coffers of the "civil rights" grievance industry.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    What a friggen waste of time and $$$. Idiots.
    May the FORCE be with you!

I'm deeply offended whenever I see "corn rows" or "baggies". They're racially offensive. Who do I sue.......?
    http://allenbwest.com/
    http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg
    Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

Fabulous Poster
    That's it. I'm getting a rebel flag t shirt. I think it would be funny to sew a rebel flag onto Che Guevara's beret.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    That's it. I'm getting a rebel flag t shirt. I think it would be funny to sew a rebel flag onto Che Guevara's beret.
    Che Tea party edition?
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Senior Member Unreconstructed Reb's Avatar
    I wonder what would happen if HK Edgerton were to show up?

"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that you won't need it until they try to take it away."---Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ