Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I see the bar for being a "journalist" is set pretty low in Detroit too.
    Be Not Afraid.

Artois,

I was trying to answer this post of yours:

Artois

I can't help but at this point conclude you have reading comprehension issues. Perhaps it's due to so blindly wanting to sound intellectual. You're building a rant about an argument I didn't make, than patting yourself on the back for burning that scarecrow. Kudos, you're a real rock n rolla.
    But then it disappeared. Glad to see you have some sense of shame. Although, when you have to get to the point of personal insults, it means you have no real argument.

Here's a little piece of advice for your future: if someone goes to the trouble of researching a topic--one on which you've posted a little "one-off" without information--then at least appreciate the fact that someone took you seriously.

As for me, I will no longer take you seriously. You will not get any more of my time.

E.

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    Not a huge fan of Wiki, but then you didn't do any work on your response, so we'll go with it as a source.

But legal schmegal: the asshole they interview is not citing American law but the law of the streets: "This is Detroit and we will come squat in your house if you're not home."
    I can't help but at this point conclude you have reading comprehension issues. *Perhaps it's due to so blindly wanting to sound intellectual. *You're building a rant about an argument I didn't make, than patting yourself on the back for burning that scarecrow. *Kudos, you're a real rock n rolla.

Quote Originally Posted by Artois View Post
    I can't help but at this point conclude you have reading comprehension issues. *Perhaps it's due to so blindly wanting to sound intellectual. *You're building a rant about an argument I didn't make, than patting yourself on the back for burning that scarecrow. *Kudos, you're a real rock n rolla.
    And we're back. I guess you decided to put this back up.

See response above.

And we're back. I guess you decided to put this back up.

See response above.
    Seems I have the reading comp issues now, thought you were not taking time for me - which I was fine with.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    I see the bar for being a "journalist" is set pretty low in Detroit too.:
    The Ghetto style of reporting is awesome!

I seen a journalist from the same Fox affiliate on Stossel's show the other night & he seemed to be pretty normal and down to earth. He was explaining what destroyed Detroit, he did a nice job. He was a crazy cracker.

But legal schmegal: the asshole they interview is not citing American law but the law of the streets: "This is Detroit and we will come squat in your house if you're not home."
    Great post.

The video looks like there was snow on the ground. It's possible that she simply visits a warmer climate during the winter months. We don't know all the details, she could of been in the hospital and a rehabilitation facility for a few months.

No matter what, the people in her house had no right to be there and that is why they were arrested. The jerk wads in the video think they have the right to do what ever they want to with other people's property. Liberalism is a mental disorder, no doubt about it.

Sometimes life deals us cards where we have to leave our property unattended due to life circumstances no matter what the city or town.

Unfortunately, there's some truth to that. Through some unfortunate legislation, squatters can actually have legal protection and even potentially have a legal claim to the proper through adverse possession - without the permission or compensation of the property owner. There's actually some strong benefits to the concept, but it's certainly been abused at times.
    I think in England, squatters have a lot of rights.

My aunt (by marriage) tried to sue my grandpa after my uncle died-my grandpa owned the house that they lived in and they never paid him for it. The same court that these squatters will have to appeal to slapped my aunt down good.

Ironically, if the bitch had never sued, my grandpa would have let her stay there, even after her kids grew up and moved out. She wanted the deed, though.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I think in England, squatters have a lot of rights.
    Not any more, things are changing in England. From Wikipedia:

Effective 1 September 2012, under Section 144 of the Legal Aid, Sentencing and Punishment of Offenders Act 2012, squatting in a residential property was re-defined by the Government, as a criminal offence.[49][50]

Seems I have the reading comp issues now, thought you were not taking time for me - which I was fine with.
    Not to explain anything, no. But to defend against a personal attack, yes. You're not off the hook, kid, just out of the loop.