1. #1 Psychics and healers convene for Mystic Faire 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    DAMMIT!!! I can't believe I missed this!!!!!

By Elizabeth Johnson
    Published: Saturday, July 27, 2013 at 10:13 p.m.
    Last Modified: Saturday, July 27, 2013 at 10:13 p.m.

SARASOTA - Kneeling in front of a large crystal singing bowl full of pink packing peanuts dancing from vibrations, Robert Austin urged the “bad” to flow from the toes and fingertips of the woman with her feet in the bowl.

An energy sound healer from Englewood, Austin uses crystal and Tibetan bowls to alleviate stress, pain and disease.

“Disease in the body drains right out,” Austin said, explaining that the “angelic vibrations help release the physical body of pain.”

Austin was among approximately 75 vendors at the Third Annual Mystic Faire Saturday in Sarasota. Billed the largest of its kind in Southwest Florida, the fair welcomed psychics and healers from across the country.

I was just finishing up reading the Sunday paper when this gem showed its head in the Sarasota Section!!! If I had known about this yesterday I would have been sure to go to this and act like Nadin...pretend to be a Reporter that is.

Next year it may be a 2 day event so I promise not to miss it.

Who would have thought "packing peanuts" had such a cool use!!!
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    DAMMIT!!! I can't believe I missed this!!!!!

I was just finishing up reading the Sunday paper when this gem showed its head in the Sarasota Section!!! If I had known about this yesterday I would have been sure to go to this and act like Nadin...pretend to be a Reporter that is.

Next year it may be a 2 day event so I promise not to miss it.

Who would have thought "packing peanuts" had such a cool use!!!
    Don't they all know what everyone is going to say and do there anyway? seems like a waste of time.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Don't they all know what everyone is going to say and do there anyway? seems like a waste of time.
    ROFL! Nice!

Those types of events are just filled with sheep waiting to be fleeced.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Those types of events are just filled with sheep waiting to be fleeced.
    Been to a few of these?

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    Been to a few of these?

It's been a while, but yes. I never bought anything or paid for a reading, though.

A psychic who owns a local new-age bookstore once told me I was incredibly psychic, and for $100, he could do an in-depth reading. I responded with "If I am so incredibly psychic, I really don't need to pay you $100 for a reading, then, do I". He laughed and said no one had ever told him that before.

Power CUer
    It's been a while, but yes. I never bought anything or paid for a reading, though.

A psychic who owns a local new-age bookstore once told me I was incredibly psychic, and for $100, he could do an in-depth reading. I responded with "If I am so incredibly psychic, I really don't need to pay you $100 for a reading, then, do I". He laughed and said no one had ever told him that before.
    Nice one!

I deal with a psychic at work. She is a customer/patient.... The jokes are endless. She is a pain in my ass.

I hear her services are expensive, she is in a very nice building, close to where I work, drives new cars and always has vehicles, boats and RVs out front of her building for sale. I think she could save some time by just putting them out on the day she knows they will sell.

Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    I deal with a psychic at work. She is a customer/patient.... The jokes are endless. She is a pain in my ass.

I hear her services are expensive, she is in a very nice building, close to where I work, drives new cars and always has vehicles, boats and RVs out front of her building for sale. I think she could save some time by just putting them out on the day she knows they will sell.
    Being a good psychic is more about manipulative psychology than it is about having any real gift. I did once pay a NYC palm reader, and she was good. She's probably the only one I ever saw who appeared to have a genuine talent. Even then, I was 25 and not as wise about those things as I am now. I have some friends who are really into that kind of thing, and would have parties with psychics present back in the 90s.

Using something like tarot cards is effective, because people project and react to the images on the cards. It's very Jungian, but not very psychic.

That just proves that you really are psychic.

Bugs Bunny did it better than anyone.

http://archive.org/help/video.php?id...d%2FBoweryBugs
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!