1. #1 I am 58 years old and this has never happened to me until today. 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Sure. They just don't want to let go of the Zim angle and its offshoots like this one...

Mon Jul 29, 2013, 02:25 AM
    iemitsu (1,986 posts)

I am 58 years old and this has never happened to me until today.

After dinner this evening as I was watering the front garden, a car full of teen aged boys drove by and one leaned out the passenger window and yelled, "Fuck you N*****!".
    No one has ever yelled that at me before.
    My back was to the street and so I had to turn around to see who was threatening me. A dumb white kid, surrounded by other white kids, was hanging out the passenger side window. Clearly proud of his bravado, he wore a huge grin and displayed an extended middle finger, as he accosted me for the entertainment of his friends.
    I must admit I was surprised to be assaulted in this fashion. I have lived in this neighborhood since I was five, kids don't drive around verbally harassing old people here. At least not to my knowledge.
    And I have German and Irish ancestry. And look like it.
    Regardless of this fact, it was an unnerving moment. In my own front yard, minding my own business and teenagers intrude in my life in such an ugly way.
    I don't suppose they will return to terrorize me or my family but I can imagine how one might feel if that threat was real.
    I hope, one or more of the kids in that car, find themselves in my history class this coming fall. I plan to develop a lesson around this event, highlighting the psychology of group behavior, the identification of the other in society, and the use of racial epithets and other derogatory language toward innocent bystanders, and the impact that has on those accosted.
    I don't get the thrill of being nasty toward strangers.
    Sorry, this just hits me as pure bullshit

I guess since they didn't get Zimmy thrown in the slammer they have to content themselves
    with made up BS.
    May the FORCE be with you!

He must be the new Sheriff of Ruby Ridge or something.

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    He must be the new Sheriff of Ruby Ridge or something.
    You mean Rock Ridge?
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    You mean Rock Ridge?

Yes, I screwed that up. Monday mornings are hard.

Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    You mean Rock Ridge?
    Who's the deputy spade?
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

I don't find this to hard to believe happening. Had a similar instance when I was in high school. I was out front with my father, we were digging out a part of the front yard to build a pond. Bunch of kids from my school drive by (I didn't recognize them), yelled some white trash related obscenities at us, and kept on rolling.

Teenagers are a bunch of fucking idiots, who do dumb things for no reason at all. I'd wager there was zero actual "racism" behind the words. More just some asshole kids trying to get street cred with their friends.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    I don't find this to hard to believe happening. Had a similar instance when I was in high school. I was out front with my father, we were digging out a part of the front yard to build a pond. Bunch of kids from my school drive by (I didn't recognize them), yelled some white trash related obscenities at us, and kept on rolling.

Teenagers are a bunch of fucking idiots, who do dumb things for no reason at all. I'd wager there was zero actual "racism" behind the words. More just some asshole kids trying to get street cred with their friends.
    Allowing one's Inner Moron to hold sway in public is Ever So Popular amongst todays Juvie Pukes.

the so called "music" that most listen to inspires all sorts of anti social POSTURING!

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post

Exactly! I had a car=load of them today yell at me. but not "me"... thin skin is a bitch!
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

The second funniest movie of all time, after Blazing Saddles: The Kentucky Fried Movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uwk6r8TJD2U
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Guess what?

The world has lots, and lots of kids that yell and do stupid things everyday because Moonbats think its cool for them to do it ... until those kids do it to them ... then they're shocked as Hell at the state of the world.

Karma ... it's a bitch
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.