Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    The DUmmies love Racism. I think they would be like little lost lambs without it.
    It's become their fall back position they hurl against anyone who disagrees with them.

Problem is that no one believes it when they say that anymore because like Peter...they've cried wolf too many times.

It's become almost a corollary to Godwin's Law when a Lib calls you a racist.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

On edit: I'm pretty sure someone posted this before, but it was just too damn apropos to resist...

We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Avarice, ambition, revenge or gallantry would break the strongest cords of our Constitution as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other.
    In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.

~John Adams

Sigh, as a younger lad I've been kicked out of a diversity training session.

Sigh, as an older lad I was recently told how I need to acknowledge the racism of my ancestors. Along with it being immaterial that my family wasn't even in this country until the past century.

Antiracist hitler

OK. So if I judge a person by the color of their skin I'm a racist and if I don't judge a person by the color of their skin I'm a racist.

I wonder if they give any thought to the words that come out of their mouths.

If I believe that Liberals are the dumbest thing to have ever walked on this planet does that make me a racist too? /rhetorical
    Be Not Afraid.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wibbins View Post
    Antiracist hitler

AAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I'd love to post this on DU!!!!
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    I think I get it.

Haven't you ever had a white friend say to you "I'm colorblind", then a few days later refer to the person who cut them off in traffic by the n word?

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Haven't you ever had a white friend say to you "I'm colorblind", then a few days later refer to the person who cut them off in traffic by the n word?
    Nope. That kind of hypocrisy we leave to your fellow Democrats.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Actually, no.

In California I have never heard the N-word used by whites. I'm not kidding about that. The last time I can remember hearing it was in a movie depicting the pre-Civil Rights south. It was a long time ago and I can't remember if it was "To Kill a Mockingbird" or something else.

This is why I don't understand the obsession with the word. It has never come up in conversation around me. The only thing you ever hear out here is "the N-word", said exactly like that, and it's always during a discussion of discrimination or some racism issue on the news.

Now I have heard people complain about Asians driving. Bill Maher made a joke a couple of weeks ago saying if it's true that the Asiana pilots crashed because they were flying too slowly, then no one should give him a hard time for making Asian driver jokes.

But racial epithets, even in the heat of the moment, are not common here. I don't know why. (Or maybe it's just my circle of friends?)

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    The idea here is that "racism" is a permanent condition. It never ends. There's no getting past it, there's no acknowledgement of successes, there's no way to say that justice has been done. EVER.

In other words, blacks are to be permanent victims, who spend their lives focused on resentment, trying to get whites to "listen to them" but really, when it's all said and done, have nothing constructive to offer. It's like a wife who spends all her time telling her husband what a rat bastard he is and playing on his sense of guilt, while she has to take no responsibility for the quality of the marriage. She ends up controlling him by making him feel that he is always and eternally in the wrong. Then she is so shocked and hurt when, after years of this abuse, her husband finds someone else who thinks he is a decent guy and runs off with the woman.

Blacks want to be the perennially suffering wife, controlling white people with guilt, tearfully accusing them of "not listening" or "not wanting to have a conversation on race", even though both blacks and whites know that the "conversation" will only be a litany of accusations and demands. Blacks don't want to take any responsibility for the wrongs they do, blaming everything--from criminal behavior to academic failure--on the "rat bastard" whites. This eternal victimization allows blacks to feel justified in criticizing whites while doing nothing to help themselves. They get to be that weepy wife, who secretly wants control of the bank accounts and wants her name on everything the husband owns. The more she guilts him, the more he forks over to be able to live in his own house.

Sadly, none of this abusive and guilt-inducing "conversation on race" will help the inner city blacks who are so over-represented among the poor and prison populations, and who commit so much of the violent crime. None of this will stop a 13-year old from joining a gang, a groups of teens from beating up a man for a cell phone, or a grown man shooting and killing some Chinese exchange students for theirs. None of this will help these teens achieve academically or gain some kind of usable skill to make money.

So who benefits from the "conversation on race"?

It's the black middle class, who makes as much money as (or more than) their white counterparts, but still feel insecure and guilty in themselves. The insecurity comes from having accepted the values of the dominant (white) culture and having done well because of them. At some level, they feel they have betrayed themselves or their people; and perhaps some of this sense of betrayal is "survivor's guilt" as they decide on stock options while their brothers in the hood are dying before 25. And here is where the REAL guilt is. Instead of going back to the hood to help their fellow blacks, the black middle class has escaped them just as the whites have for safer communities and better schools. If you're Toure or Melissa Harris-Perry, do you really want to live in South Central LA, Detroit, Harlem, the South Side of Chicago? Anacostia? Of course not. But there is a deep sense of guilt in leaving behind your own, even if you've never met them, even if you had a privileged upbringing. So what do you do?

It's like the married couple who would be happy except for the wife's alcoholic brother. Every time the brother comes over, he's angry and resentful at what his sister has, and he works on her guilt, trying to get her to give him money or take him in. The husband, on the other hand, knows the brother is a loser and that any money will go to boozing and carousing. The wife, in guilt, yells at her husband, telling him that HE is the problem, that maybe her brother would feel better about himself if the husband weren't so blatantly successful. She tells her husband that maybe they do owe her brother something, since they've been so lucky and he's been so unfortunate. If the husband tries to point out that the brother started drinking on his own and that the brother will have to stop it on his own before any money changes hands, the wife gets furious and tells her husband it's all his fault. If it weren't for men like him, her brother wouldn't have to resort to drinking.

That's the interplay between black middle class and white middle class. The guilt of the black middle class gets transferred to the white middle class ("It's all your fault!") by guilty blacks in high positions (and race hucksters, who have their own gain in mind). But never does the inner city "brother" ever have to change his ways. It's just a matter of how guilty he can make everyone feel and how much that guilt can be transferred to people of means.

Who would want and end to "racism" when the manipulation works so well?

That was beautiful ... right to the heart of the matter.

Modern day Liberalism nothing more then co-dependence taken to the Mega-level.

Moonbats feel guilty about the state of race in this country, but instead of taking it out on themselves, they instead go out to find the modern day version of a sin-eater; someone who has made something of themselves without the help of government, or some special group.

The person who worked their way through school, the businessman who started from scratch, the person of color who done either, or both. And of course, lets not forget poor whites ( white trash who shop at Wal-Mart and don't get their coffe from Starbucks). They are the source of all trouble, not the guy who screw up his life, or the guy who thinks the world owes him something because some guilt ridden Moonbat told him so.

Things won't change until we face our real problems and expose the race-mongers and
    guilty ridden crazed Moonbats who don't want to change things for their own benefit.
    Last edited by Dan D. Doty; 07-31-2013 at 11:42 AM.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.