Thread: Immigration activists step up pressure

1. #1 Immigration activists step up pressure 
    http://nbclatino.com/2013/07/28/drea...p-up-pressure/

Cantor was part of a bipartisan group of lawmakers who went on an immigration “pilgrimage” this weekend along with Sen. Robert Menendez, Rep. Mario Diaz-Balart and Rep. Joe Crowley. The group visited historically important immigration cites in the New York City area including Ellis Island and the Jewish Center of Jackson Heights in Queens.
    RELATED: 9 Dreamers detained after re-entry attempt from Mexico to U.S.

“At first they refused food because of the phone access, and now they are refusing food until they are released. So that means Lizbeth Mateo, Claudia Amaro, Ceferino Santiago, Lulu Martinez, Marco Saavedra & Mario Felix are all now in solitary,” the National Immigrant Youth Alliance posted to their Facebook page Friday evening.

The young immigrants began a hunger strike to demand more flexible phone privileges and raise awareness for their plight behind bars. On Twitter the hashtags #Dream9 and #BringThemHome have gone viral as hundreds of people tweeted their support for the group.

The National Immigrant Youth Alliance has collected signatures from 22 members of Congress in a letter urging President Obama to grant the Dreamers humanitarian parole and bring them home. The letter campaign will continue throughout the weekend with an announcement on Monday of the legislators who support bringing the Dream 9 home.
    Cantor making friends with a child molester, they are all turning into the same trash, we're screwed.
    I think I'll have burritos for supper.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Visiting Ellis Island is an insult. When my ancestors came here through that island, they were screened, checked medically, gone over with a fine toothed comb. These Mexicans climbed the wall and snuck in with no such checks. How is that right and fair?
    Last edited by NJCardFan; 07-30-2013 at 09:46 PM.
    "Inequality is a false notion propagated by those who are made to feel guilty for what they have by those who are jealous for what they don't"-Former MTV Host Kennedy

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    http://nbclatino.com/2013/07/28/drea...p-up-pressure/

Cantor making friends with a child molester, they are all turning into the same trash, we're screwed.
    I think I'll have burritos for supper.
    Based on?

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Based on?
    They may have lined the pockets of the correct officials this time but if this is what Mr.Menendez is into he will screw up eventually, ask Weiner how things pop back up.
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Senior Member Unreconstructed Reb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Visiting Ellis Island is an insult. When my ancestors came here through that island, they were screened, checked medically, gone over with a fine toothed combed. These Mexicans climbed the wall and snuck in with no such checks. How is that right and fair?
    Where's your compassion, man?! Where's your compassion?!?!?
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that you won't need it until they try to take it away."---Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by Unreconstructed Reb View Post
    Where's your compassion, man?! Where's your compassion?!?!?
    Fuck compassion.
    "Inequality is a false notion propagated by those who are made to feel guilty for what they have by those who are jealous for what they don't"-Former MTV Host Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Visiting Ellis Island is an insult. When my ancestors came here through that island, they were screened, checked medically, gone over with a fine toothed comb. These Mexicans climbed the wall and snuck in with no such checks. How is that right and fair?
    It's simply not.

re:
    “Our demand is simple,” said FIRM spokesperson Kica Matos. “Pass an immigration reform bill in the House by August 2 that one includes a path to citizenship and that two keeps families together.”
    Any nation that bows to the demands of hoards of illegal invaders has relinquished it's sovereignty and is instead pathetically appeasing the whims of their conquerors.

Were I the POTUS I would round up the FIRM protesters, deport the ones here illegally and charge the US citizens among their ranks with treason for inciting invasion by a foreign country.

That's just me... others may have different solutions.

Quote Originally Posted by Tea Party Patriot View Post

That's just me... others may have different solutions.