1. #1 Cycling in LA can get you bashed by LAPD 
    Power CUer
    Poor guy cycling to work in a southern beach city in LA gets LAPD treatment for (apparently) not having a headlight on his bike.

Man, 34, Claims LAPD Officers Used Excessive Force During Bike Stop

PLAYA DEL REY (CBSLA.com) — A 34-year-old man is recovering Monday from several injuries he said he sustained from a violent encounter with Los Angeles Police Department officers late last week. Brian Cisneros told KCAL9’s Suraya Fadel that he was riding his bike to his job at Ralphs in Marina del Rey Friday night when he claims he was approached by two LAPD Pacific Division officers at Ida and Redwood avenues.

“The doors flew open, and the lights were on me. They drew their guns down, and they just attacked me. And they threw me on the floor, and they started stomping my face in,” he said.

Cisneros added, “They choked me out and all that, and then they threw me on their hood.”

The alleged victim said he never resisted the officers.

“(I thought) I’m gonna die, I’m never going to see my kids again,” he said.

At the end of the ordeal, Cisneros said the officers cited him “for no lights after hours of darkness.”

Cisneros said he went to the hospital the next morning, where he was treated for a dislocated shoulder and a fractured elbow, among other injuries. He then filed a complaint. Although he has a criminal record, Cisneros said he’s been clean for 10 years.

“I’m a working man, a family man, I’m just trying to take care of my business,” he said.

Culver City police told Fadel that Cisneros has given them conflicting statements. LAPD officials said the officers involved with the excessive force allegation logged the incident as a traffic stop. Cisneros’ accusations are under investigation.

Fabulous Poster
    "And they threw me on the floor"

Floor?

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    "And they threw me on the floor"

Floor?
    Could be a regional thing.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Not enough information to form an opinion either way.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Not enough information to form an opinion either way.
    Agreed, especially in light of the "victims" past. Certainly warrants an investigation though, especially in light of his injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by Artois View Post
    Agreed, especially in light of the "victims" past. Certainly warrants an investigation though, especially in light of his injuries.
    Hopefully the story has future updates but often they just drop into oblivion never to surface again.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Hopefully the story has future updates but often they just drop into oblivion never to surface again.
    That certainly tends to be the case.