Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 15 of 15
  1. #11  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    331
    Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    Yeah, that and fishing! Golf clubs and fishing poles = Lightning rods!
    Didn't read the article, but I'm guess those two along with a higher propensity for being outside in adverse weather conditions explains the difference.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #12  
    LTC Member Odysseus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    FT Belvoir, VA
    Posts
    15,638
    Quote Originally Posted by Artois View Post
    Didn't read the article, but I'm guess those two along with a higher propensity for being outside in adverse weather conditions explains the difference.
    Or being the last immortal standing.

    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

    Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #13  
    Power CUer noonwitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Warren, MI
    Posts
    12,472
    Women don't tend to do roofing work in the rain while drunk.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #14  
    LTC Member Odysseus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    FT Belvoir, VA
    Posts
    15,638
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Women don't tend to do roofing work in the rain while drunk.
    Or sober. My wife would have me on the roof if she thought that it needed repairs, despite the fact that I know nothing about roofing, and am perfectly capable of hiring a contractor to do it.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

    Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #15  
    Resident Grandpa marv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Shell Knob, MO
    Posts
    3,028
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Or sober. My wife would have me on the roof if she thought that it needed repairs, despite the fact that I know nothing about roofing, and am perfectly capable of hiring a contractor to do it.
    You need a long, long talk with your wife, Ody.

    http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

    Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

    THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •