Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast
  1. #1 "We Can't Survive on $7.25!" 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    That's because you aren't supposed to you fucking morons!!!!

Mon Jul 29, 2013, 08:50 PM
    leftstreet

"We Can't Survive on $7.25!"

What's their beef? Striking fast food workers say low wages
    Martha C. White NBC News contributor

You may find yourself waiting longer for McNuggets or a Whopper this week as thousands of workers in seven cities around the country strike for $15 an hour and the right to unionize.

Building on the momentum of an initial strike last November in New York City, organizers say dozens of restaurants in New York City, Chicago, St. Louis, Milwaukee, Kansas City, Detroit and Flint, Mich., will be affected by waves of worker walkouts over the course of the week.

“These workers need a raise and they need representation in the workplace,” said Martin Rafanan, community director for STL735. The acronym stands for “St. Louis Can’t Survive on $7.35,” referring to Missouri’s minimum wage. Rafanan said the group, which plans to strike today and tomorrow, hopes to build on a May strike when about 100 workers walked off the job.

At a McDonald's across the street from Yankee Stadium, several dozen people chanted, "We can't survive on $7.25."

http://www.nbcnews.com/business/what...ges-6C10786787

Monday Jul 29, 2013 1:55 pm
    Fast Food Strikes Catch Fire

Early this morning, fast food workers in New York, St. Louis and Kansas City, Mo. launched strikes demanding both a wage increase to $15 an hour—from a median of $8.94—and the right to form unions without employer interference.

Later this week, workers in Chicago, Milwaukee, Detroit and Flint, Mich., will also go out on strike, expanding the reach of the movement of fast food workers (and, in Chicago, retail workers) that started with protests in New York and Chicago last year and grew into a series of one-day strikes throughout 2013. In Flint and Kansas City, strikes are taking place for the first time; in other cities, strikes will expand to target new franchises.

The fast food strikes are part of a broader movement by low-wage workers for higher pay and union representation that has caught fire over the past year.

Targets include a range of employers, including Wal-Mart, federal subcontractors, warehouses, retail stores and car washes. Workers have typically formed loose local organizing committees that, with financial and logistical support from unions and community groups are growing into national networks, most prominently OUR Walmart.

http://inthesetimes.com/working/entr...ood_slow_burn/

These are jobs for BEGINNERS or maybe RETIRED people you jerkoffs...
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    These are jobs for BEGINNERS or maybe RETIRED people you jerkoffs...
    Do you really think that's the case anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Artois View Post
    Do you really think that's the case anymore?
    WHo cares if it is? Burger flippers don't deserve 15 dollars an hour.
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    I feel the same way about stadium hot dogs and drinks, parking, tickets, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    I honestly think it may be relevant. Burger flippers already earn more than 15 dollars an hour in many areas. It is sustainable.

As ardently supportive at times I may be with libertarian or free market principals, a living wage is one area where I'm bitterly in dispute. While I've read the arguments against it by the fascinating Mises or Reason, I've yet to be convinced that society isn't subsidizing the businesses of those whom do not provide a living wage. This isn't even broaching an additional concern I have, albeit not economical, merely moral or philosophical - regarding the dignity of work.

I honestly think it may be relevant. Burger flippers already earn more than 15 dollars an hour in many areas. It is sustainable.

As ardently supportive at times I may be with libertarian or free market principals, a living wage is one area where I'm bitterly in dispute. While I've read the arguments against it by the fascinating Mises or Reason, I've yet to be convinced that society isn't subsidizing the businesses of those whom do not provide a living wage. This isn't even broaching an additional concern I have, albeit not economical, merely moral or philosophical - regarding the dignity of work.
    Man what a dunce! Give the crew at Mickey D's 15.00 an hour ! Take your rugrats there and blow $100.00 bucks for some happy meals! Dumb asses never think of the consequences of their feel good stupid dreams. Go die.

Oh yeah by the way, the folks that are going to eat at Bobby Flay's and pay $20.00 for a burger ain't going to Mickey D's either

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

You can provide proof? I doubt its "many" areas, maybe in san fran but 99.99% of the stores can't afford to pay people that kind of money. I still don't think a bugger flipper deserves 15 dollars an hour.
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly

Free market? We dont need no stinkin free market. This is now 0bamaland!

Yahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    Man what a dunce! Give the crew at Mickey D's 15.00 an hour ! Take your rugrats there and blow $100.00 bucks for some happy meals! Dumb asses never think of the consequences of their feel good stupid dreams. Go die.

Oh yeah by the way, the folks that are going to eat at Bobby Flay's and pay $20.00 for a burger ain't going to Mickey D's either
    Sigh,

I really hate to break it to you, but there are already McDonald's here in the states which pay in excess of $15.00 an hour. There's been numerous news stories about the McDonald's in North Dakota offering sign-on bonuses, and upwards of $18 or so an hour in wages. I think a Burger King was in the news awhile back offering over $20 an hour for managers, with something like a $5000 sign-on bonus. There's a slight increase in prices, but not too significant, extra two dollars or so for a value meal.

Hell, the last time I was overseas I saw a McDonald's which was offering $19 an hour and the value meals were only a few dollars higher than typical USA prices.

Sigh,

I really hate to break it to you, but there are already McDonald's here in the states which pay in excess of $15.00 an hour. There's been numerous news stories about the McDonald's in North Dakota offering sign-on bonuses, and upwards of $18 or so an hour in wages. I think a Burger King was in the news awhile back offering over $20 an hour for managers, with something like a $5000 sign-on bonus. There's a slight increase in prices, but not too significant, extra two dollars or so for a value meal.

Hell, the last time I was overseas I saw a McDonald's which was offering $19 an hour and the value meals were only a few dollars higher than typical USA prices.
    Sigh, stella I hate to say your links prove you are as correct as any moonbat. Take a lookie. I notice you are taking your time being a dick.
    http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...Fp0f1qEXzbsLhA

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.