Thread: "We Can't Survive on $7.25!"

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    As they said in Animal Farm, all are created equal, but some are more equal.
    You do know that Animal Farm is a knock against the Russian Revolution, right?
    "Inequality is a false notion propagated by those who are made to feel guilty for what they have by those who are jealous for what they don't"-Former MTV Host Kennedy

WTF? You all are the ones using a broad brush. This whole section of the forum is dedicated to broadbrushing. You all show one liberal acting irrational and then you try to say "See! See! Libs are bad."
    At least you admit to being irrational. I won't hold it against all liberals.

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Ever hear of the term "Greasing the Wheels"?

Its what they are doing. They give a few million to the DNC, in turn they send a lobbyist to Washington seeing an amendment from those in that party that favors their company. The DNC can't say no for it wants that money so they agree to push for the amendment.

Look at how General Electric pay NO yearly taxes. They donated heavily to the DNC and Dems directly, in turn they get amendment (Loopholes) put into bills before congress that favored them.

Exactly. It's not uncommon for many groups to donate to BOTH parties. They want to cover all their bases.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post

Painting with a pretty broad brush I see you hypocrite. That said, you really don't know how stupid you are do you. But do me a favor. Please find me evidence from unbiased sources where any Tea Party member said that a business should pay a quarter an hour and on what planet would people go work for such a place. While you're looking, in reality land, here's how things would work. Company A would offer an amount as would their competitor. Then the 2 would compete for the best employees. If you're really good, you can pit one employer against another for your services. Sort of like how free agency works in the sports world. If you're an all star, you're paid like an all star. If you're a slug, you get paid like a slug. Do you think the Phillies would have given Ryan Howard a $125 contract if he hit like John McDonald? But brain dead liberals like yourself need the minimum wage because for some strange reason you think you have a right to a job and that everyone should be paid the same. You need the minimum wage because without it, you'd have to rely on hard work to get ahead something none of you are willing to do.
    My careers have often been sold to the highest bidder, aka: the employer. That is how it works. Even in my industry my company pays way above average to get the best they can get and experience less turn over. The competition has made me offers, and I continue to pass on them. That is how it works. Some people just don't get it.

Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim54 View Post
    You seem to have a fixation on the the Tea Party. You use all the correct prog talking points stereotyping and demonizing them just as you accuse conservatives of doing to progs. Have you ever been to a Tea Party meeting? It was a black man that introduced me to the Tea Party. They transcend race, gender and to some extent politics. Their mission is simply to reestablish fiscal responsibility and obedience to the Constitution. They run more minority candidates that either the Dems or GOP. Perhaps you should attend a meeting and find out the truth instead of regurgitating talking points. And as far as your rant posed as a question, isn't what you're complaining about exactly what you do?
    Good catch. I should have picked up on that. Guess I over looked that in her line of postings that she was using a broad stereotyping of any one on the right and demonizng them just as she accussed us of doing to her and the left.
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

Attention Lanie!

Just in case you missed Jim54's post re what the evil TEA Party is all about ...

"They transcend race, gender and to some extent politics. Their mission is simply to reestablish fiscal responsibility and obedience to the Constitution. They run more minority candidates that either the Dems or GOP."
    American By Choice ~ 1980

Politically tired.
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    You do know that Animal Farm is a knock against the Russian Revolution, right?
    Yes.

Back to the original subject, I was scrolling down facebook just now, and found something from Upworthy which offended them. McDonalds answers the question of the OP. Common sense stuff without being mean. They don't want their employees throwing McFlurries in their faces. lol.

http://www.practicalmoneyskills.com/.../budget2_2.php

Politically tired.
    Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    At least you admit to being irrational. I won't hold it against all liberals.
    Learn to read. I'm talking about when you all quote a DUer and then say "See? See? This is what being a liberal is about." For all we know, it's a conservative mole. I know I've had an itch to go on DU and make an outrageous post just to get you all stirred up. I haven't done it though because deep down I am a good girl.

Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    Exactly. It's not uncommon for many groups to donate to BOTH parties. They want to cover all their bases.
    But some of these companies hold liberal values. Some companies come straight out and support gay marriage. Some of them gives same sex couples benefits. They either see some of this as somehow beneficial to their company (not necessarily the open politics) OR they're liberals.

Quote Originally Posted by ABC in Georgia View Post

Attention Lanie!

Just in case you missed Jim54's post re what the evil TEA Party is all about ...

"They transcend race, gender and to some extent politics. Their mission is simply to reestablish fiscal responsibility and obedience to the Constitution. They run more minority candidates that either the Dems or GOP."
    I just came back from the zoo and the heat's gotten to my head. Where did I talk about race in this thread?

Politically tired.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    I have nothing to say. I just want to be a part of the thread.
    Have a sammich.

I just came back from the zoo and the heat's gotten to my head. Where did I talk about race in this thread?
    Cool, now your Rhyming.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg