Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    ND is an aberration. Truck drivers demand 150K and get it.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    Man what a dunce! Give the crew at Mickey D's 15.00 an hour ! Take your rugrats there and blow $100.00 bucks for some happy meals! Dumb asses never think of the consequences of their feel good stupid dreams. Go die.

Oh yeah by the way, the folks that are going to eat at Bobby Flay's and pay $20.00 for a burger ain't going to Mickey D's either
    Some of the workers at McDonald's are already "making" $15/hr. We're subsidizing McDonald's with food stamps, section 9 housing, daycare, and hopefully Pell grants.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Some of the workers at McDonald's are already "making" $15/hr. We're subsidizing McDonald's with food stamps, section 9 housing, daycare, and hopefully Pell grants.
    Damn your on to something here, let's take the least qualified people with little or no education and pay them like hard working educated professionals, man would the results of this make society great!
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    You can provide proof? I doubt its "many" areas, maybe in san fran but 99.99% of the stores can't afford to pay people that kind of money. I still don't think a bugger flipper deserves 15 dollars an hour.
    Primarily the Dakota's, and other major prosperous cities like San Fran as you mentioned.

Just pulling a few random links up, which might not be the best as I'm about to head to bed, but to give a reasonable idea:
    Link

Link

Link

Interesting - LINK

In a sense though, from a sustainable perspective, it might not matter how prevalent those wages are. Rather that sustainable business models were discovered, along with the perhaps surprising revelation that living wages don't result in astronomical consumer retail increases.

I'd certainly agree with your assertion though, that at least a significant percentage of stores can't afford to pay people that amount of wages. At least under their current business model. With slight adjustments though, it's been proven to be sustainable.
    When business models require government program subsidies for their employees, that's not an ideal business model for society - tax payers. Personally, I think that's the bigger issue to question.

As for deserving, I'm personally inclined to agree - at least partially. However, I do believe that work is dignified in of it's self, and should correspondingly provide some level of dignity with a living wage. I could elaborate further, but it's getting late, and we'd go off on a different tangent.

Sigh, stella I hate to say your links prove you are as correct as any moonbat. Take a lookie. I notice you are taking your time being a dick.
    Why are you mentally picturing my dick?

Quote Originally Posted by Retread View Post
    ND is an aberration. Truck drivers demand 150K and get it.
    I'd certainly agree that it's an aberration. However the adjustments in the business model, not just the market, have shown how it's possible.

Personally, I think the Australian Macca's wages are a better model of how living wages are longterm sustainable for a business with only slight business model changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Artois View Post
    Primarily the Dakota's, and other major prosperous cities like San Fran as you mentioned.

Just pulling a few random links up, which might not be the best as I'm about to head to bed, but to give a reasonable idea:
    Link

Link

Link

Interesting - LINK

In a sense though, from a sustainable perspective, it might not matter how prevalent those wages are. Rather that sustainable business models were discovered, along with the perhaps surprising revelation that living wages don't result in astronomical consumer retail increases.

I'd certainly agree with your assertion though, that at least a significant percentage of stores can't afford to pay people that amount of wages. At least under their current business model. With slight adjustments though, it's been proven to be sustainable.
    When business models require government program subsidies for their employees, that's not an ideal business model for society - tax payers. Personally, I think that's the bigger issue to question.

As for deserving, I'm personally inclined to agree - at least partially. However, I do believe that work is dignified in of it's self, and should correspondingly provide some level of dignity with a living wage. I could elaborate further, but it's getting late, and we'd go off on a different tangent.
    WTF is a living wage!?!!! you are stupider than I thought. Liberal minds are nothing but mush. If you are not qualified for a job you don't get the job. Haha, living wage, I should have tried that as I was working up the ladder! Libs are funny, funny but stupid.

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Damn your on to something here, let's take the least qualified people with little or no education and pay them like hard working educated professionals, man would the results of this make society great!
    Wait, do you actually consider $15 an hour to be the wages of a hard working, educated, professional?

Quote Originally Posted by Artois View Post
    Why are you mentally picturing my dick?
    Good one. you win. Dick

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

WTF is a living wage!?!!! you are stupider than I thought. Liberal minds are nothing but mush. If you are not qualified for a job you don't get the job. Haha, living wage, I should have tried that as I was working up the ladder! Libs are funny, funny but stupid.
    Beautiful grammar