Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Seattle: "The Words 'Citizen' And 'Brown Bagging' Can Be Offensive 
    Liberals are so rational, aren't they? http://now.msn.com/seattle-says-word...d-be-offensive

Sorry Seattle residents, but citizens are no longer allowed to brown bag it, because city officials have decided that the words "citizen" and "brown bag" are offensive. The Office for Civil Rights has circulated a memo encouraging government employees to stop using those terms. Memo author Elliott Bronstein suggests using "residents," "sack lunch" or "lunch and learn" instead. (Because everyone will start asking co-workers "Are we hitting Subway or did you lunch and learn it today?") Bronstein says that brown bag could be misinterpreted as a reference to skin color, while citizen isn't inclusive enough. "A lot of people who live in Seattle aren't citizens but they are residents," he said. "[Citizens] doesn't include a lot of folks."
    See, Lanie, this proves that liberalism is a mental disorder. Brown bag is in no way nor was it ever connotative to any race, creed, or color with the exception of the color of the bag it used to be carried in. However in the liberal mind it is. This is as bad as the Phillies' minor league affiliate not being allowed to name their mascot "Pork Chop" because 1 Puerto Rican guy said that the term pork chop is a racial slur toward Puerto Ricans. I mean, I've literally spent my entire life living around, going to school with, playing sports with, working with, being close friends with, Puerto Ricans and never once have I ever heard 'pork chop' used as a slur nor have any Puerto Ricans I asked about it but 1 guy said it is so the Iron Pigs had to change the name to Ferrous. Liberalism=completely devoid of reality.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Well, the story around here is that in the 1940s and before, if a child wanted to sit on Santa's lap at Hudson's department store, he had to be lighter than a brown paper bag. Same with being employed at Hudson's. It was a long time ago and I can't prove that it was actual store policy, but it wouldn't surprise me. By the time I was a kid, in the late 60s and early 70s, any code like that was long gone.

Plus, Hudson's bags were always green, back when I was a kid. The same color of green that the marble that decorated their downtown store was-the same marble they used in the courtrooms in the city/county building.

When I first moved here, there was a black lady who told me that a certain traditional black church in Detroit was only for "high yellows" and that anyone who couldn't get a regular hair comb (as opposed to an afro pick) through their hair was not allowed in the church. It wasn't just white people who had a code like that.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Well, the story around here is that in the 1940s and before, if a child wanted to sit on Santa's lap at Hudson's department store, he had to be lighter than a brown paper bag. Same with being employed at Hudson's. It was a long time ago and I can't prove that it was actual store policy, but it wouldn't surprise me. By the time I was a kid, in the late 60s and early 70s, any code like that was long gone.

Plus, Hudson's bags were always green, back when I was a kid. The same color of green that the marble that decorated their downtown store was-the same marble they used in the courtrooms in the city/county building.

When I first moved here, there was a black lady who told me that a certain traditional black church in Detroit was only for "high yellows" and that anyone who couldn't get a regular hair comb (as opposed to an afro pick) through their hair was not allowed in the church. It wasn't just white people who had a code like that.
    Well, that was a nice little story. But WTF does it have to say about insane un American liberal asshats? When I went to school in NY it was 50-50 black and white and some of those black citizens used to brown bag lunch just like us crackers! When Kalifornia falls into the Pacific maybe it will take Seattle too!

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

Brown bag brown bag brown bag Brown bag brown bag brown bag Brown bag brown bag brown bag Brown bag brown bag brown bag Brown bag brown bag brown bag Brown bag brown bag brown bag Brown bag brown bag brown bag Brown bag brown bag brown bag Brown bag brown bag brown bag Brown bag brown bag brown bag Brown bag brown bag brown bag Brown bag brown bag brown bag Brown bag brown bag brown bag Brown bag brown bag brown bag Brown bag brown bag brown bag Brown bag brown bag brown bag Brown bag brown bag brown bag Brown bag brown bag brown bag Brown bag brown bag brown bag Brown bag brown bag brown bag Brown bag brown bag brown bag Brown bag brown bag brown bag Brown bag brown bag brown bag Brown bag brown bag brown bag Brown bag brown bag brown bag Brown bag brown bag brown bag Brown bag brown bag brown bag Brown bag brown bag brown bag Brown bag brown bag brown bag Brown bag brown bag brown bag Brown bag brown bag brown bag Brown bag brown bag brown bag Brown bag brown bag brown bag Brown bag brown bag brown bag Brown bag brown bag brown bag Brown bag brown bag brown bag Brown bag brown bag brown bag Brown bag brown bag brown bag Brown bag brown bag brown bag Brown bag brown bag brown bag
    Nah nah nuh nah nah!!!!!!!
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

I can't believe these word banners, first the N-word, than job, than work, then illegal whats next?
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Um, OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I can't believe these word banners, first the N-word, than job, than work, then illegal whats next?
    Um, brown bag.

Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    Well, that was a nice little story. But WTF does it have to say about insane un American liberal asshats? When I went to school in NY it was 50-50 black and white and some of those black citizens used to brown bag lunch just like us crackers! When Kalifornia falls into the Pacific maybe it will take Seattle too!

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Who knows?

Sounds an awful lot like "Newspeak" to me.

Newspeak ... From Wikipedia can you believe?

Newspeak is explained in chapters 4 and 5 of Nineteen Eighty-Four, and in an appendix to the book. The language follows, for the most part, the same grammatical rules as English, but has a much more limiting, and constantly shifting vocabulary.

Any synonyms or antonyms, along with undesirable concepts are eradicated.
    American By Choice ~ 1980

Fabulous Poster

That's all great lore, but now apply what you know to it.

Light skinned black parents often have kids along the spectrum. Our neighbors in DC had one kid with light skin, slight negroid features and a blonde soft curl hair. The other kid, the girl, was very dark and had black typically negroid hair and features. Are you telling me that a black church would have admitted only the parents and the fair child? I don't think so.

This whole paper bag test thing may well have happened, and it certainly became part of the narrative or lore. But like the "No Irish" signs, it became "common knowledge" based on repetition not duplication.