Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    The Contemporary Art Institute is down the street from my office. I never heard about this, though. It's mostly suburbanites who hang out there, and I'm sure the DPD knew that when they raided the place. There's no money to be made from shaking down Detroit residents and holding their cars for ransom.

I had heard about the "Bag a Fag" thing, though. Most gay people I know don't hang out in Detroit after work hours-they go to Royal Oak or Ferndale.
    I find is appalling that DPD sent a SWAT team down to rob suburbanites of their valuables. They are criminals, not cops. And police targeting gays--I thought that went out with legwarmers and big hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    I find is appalling that DPD sent a SWAT team down to rob suburbanites of their valuables. They are criminals, not cops. And police targeting gays--I thought that went out with legwarmers and big hair.

The whole thing is appalling. They have cops to do this, but citizens still have to wait almost an hour to get a police response to a 911 call if they get shot or have a heart attack.

The police in Detroit target gays because the populace doesn't really care for gays.