Thread: White guy wins Detroit Mayoral primary

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    What date is that election again?

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/23...o-be-corrected

Billboards with wrong general election date to be corrected

DETROIT (WJBK) -

Billboards reminding Detroiters their vote is their voice are all over the city. They also mistakenly say the general election is September 2.

Apparently the Detroit City Clerk's Office wanted the billboards updated on September 2 with the date of the general election. Clearly, the person responsible for the work got a little confused. No one caught the mistake until Clerk Janice Winfrey spotted the botched billboards and called the president of International Outdoor on Saturday, the same day the billboards were updated.

The executive told us it was an honest mistake and his company's first in twelve years of business.

The president of International Outdoor said all the billboards will be corrected Tuesday. The work will not cost the city a dime, and the company is even throwing in a few additional billboards for the city's trouble.

The general election is November 5.

Read more: http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/23...#ixzz2bsHgXAib

It wasn't the city clerk's fault, it was the billboard company's fault.

If it had been the previous city clerk, Jackie Curry, I would have assumed she did it on purpose for some self-serving reason. When she lost, she asked for a recount, which was funny because her office did the intial vote count.

Who really cares about the mayor of Detroit? If that cesspool got hit by a nuke it'll only increase the property values in the city
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    It wasn't the city clerk's fault, it was the billboard company's fault.

If it had been the previous city clerk, Jackie Curry, I would have assumed she did it on purpose for some self-serving reason. When she lost, she asked for a recount, which was funny because her office did the intial vote count.
    Detroit sounds like one big clown car.

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    Who really cares about the mayor of Detroit? If that cesspool got hit by a nuke it'll only increase the property values in the city
    All of us with family there will remember your compassionate remarks.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Hyperbole (/haɪˈpɜrbəliː/ hy-PUR-bə-lee;[1] Greek: ὑπερβολή hyperbolē, "exaggeration") is the use of exaggeration as a rhetorical device or figure of speech. It may be used to evoke strong feelings or to create a strong impression, but is not meant to be taken literally.[2]

Hyperboles are exaggerations to create emphasis or effect. As a literary device, hyperbole is often used in poetry, and is frequently encountered in casual speech. An example of hyperbole is: "The bag weighed a ton."[3] Hyperbole makes the point that the bag was very heavy, though it probably does not weigh a ton.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperbole

Lighten up Francis (ps. I don't really think your name is Francis, it is a line from a movie called Stripes)
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    The are ambulatory aren't they? I am sure there are better places to live then Detroit

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperbole

Lighten up Francis (ps. I don't really think your name is Francis, it is a line from a movie called Stripes)
    Well I am for evacuating the city then nuking it :D