1. #1 Bloomberg's Latest Proposal to End Obesity: Make Elevators Slow So People Take the St 
    Hehe! What can this moonbat think of next!?

It’s come to this. Bloomberg's sugary drink ban failed in such a spectacularly epic fashion that now he's back on the Nanny wagon, purposefully inconveniencing poor people so that they can (maybe) burn an additional 50 or so calories taking the stairs every day. Brilliant:

As part of his ongoing campaign to transform New York City into what he calls “Fit City,” Mayor Michael Bloomberg is promoting “active design” for low-income housing developments being built there, including plans to prompt residents to use the stairs and rooftop gardens for growing “healthy” foods.

In 2010, the Bloomberg Administration and other public and private sector groups issued the “Active Design Guidelines,” which promotes car-free neighborhoods, encourages “physical movement” inside buildings and “improves access to nutritious food.”

The Center for Action Design was launched next as a resource for architects and developers who sign on to the idea of “promoting health through the design of buildings, streets, and neighborhoods,” as stated by David Burney, Board Chairman for CAD.

In March, the 124-unit, $37.7 million Arbor House was opened in the Bronx, according to a July 31 Newsday report.

The article stated that the “affordable housing” development features murals and music along the stairway, with elevators located farther away from the front door that are “programmed to move at a slow pace.”

I’ve got to at least give Bloomberg points here for trying, don’t I? The man obviously cares so deeply about the scourge of obesity in America that he’ll go to extraordinary and even nonsensical heights to encourage healthy living. That’s admirable, I suppose. Oh, and the muralled walls idea is a nice touch, isn’t it? Personally, I know if I was given the hypothetical option of either riding a somewhat slower elevator to my eighth story apartment -- or suffering through an arduous (albeit scenic) mountain climb to the top -- I’d opt for the latter every time. Wouldn’t you?
    http://townhall.com/tipsheet/DanielD...tairs-n1658824

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    Hehe! What can this moonbat think of next!?

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/DanielD...tairs-n1658824

Rooftop gardens will be the only safe food source in some neighborhoods in NYC at the rate things are going.

safe in that residents in the worst neighborhoods wont have to step foot on the mean streets in their "mean neighborhoods" to get the food.

Bloomburg should have been born a woman...given his NANNY URGSES

Quote Originally Posted by Meshuga Mikey View Post
    Rooftop gardens will be the only safe food source in some neighborhoods in NYC at the rate things are going.

safe in that residents in the worst neighborhoods wont have to step foot on the mean streets in their "mean neighborhoods" to get the food.

Right, they will plant food not pot!!

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

Fabulous Poster
    Totally off topic, when I worked at the Claremont in Oakland, the kitchen had a manual service elevator which served three floors. You got on the elevator and if you wanted to go down, you pulled the rope in one direction as a brake. If you wanted to go up, you pulled the rope hand over hand in the other direction. It was an amazing piece of machinery, and ended all doubt that the Egyptians could have had such a thing. A couple of years ago, I called to price one for a house I wanted to buy but was concerned that if my mother needed to move in I would have no way of getting her to her bedroom. They don't make them anymore according to the elevator company.

Quote Originally Posted by Meshuga Mikey View Post

As safe as moving hundreds of tons of dirt on top of buildings is safe.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    As safe as moving hundreds of tons of dirt on top of buildings is safe.
    I wonder if I take a truckload of dirt and a pile of bags to New York if I could get Manhattanites to pay me to "bag your own organic top soil" ?

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    I wonder if I take a truckload of dirt and a pile of bags to New York if I could get Manhattanites to pay me to "bag your own organic top soil" ?
    I think we should all properly mulch our own crap and mail it to Bloomberg.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Inside every liberal politician is a totalitarian screaming to get out ...
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.