Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 ‘Mother F***er Racist Sons of B**ches From Hell’: 
    ‘Mother F***er Racist Sons of B**ches From Hell’: Wedding Venue Gets Threats, Fears Shut Down After Refusing Gay Couple’s Nuptials
    Aug. 9, 2013 4:45pm Billy Hallowell 0

Another business is facing retribution for declining service to a same-sex couple. Betty and Dick Odgaard, owners of Görtz Haus Gallery in Grimes, Iowa, are catching the ire of gay rights advocates after they declined offering their venue to Lee Stafford and his fiance Jared.

Now the owners, who are Christians, are receiving vicious and threatening emails and phone calls — and they fear that their business could shut down because of the fierce reaction.

It was less than one week ago that the Lee and Jared entered Görtz Haus looking for additional information about holding their wedding there. After Dick realized that it would be a gay ceremony, he told the couple that they would not be able to hold their nuptials at the establishment — and that’s when the controversy erupted.
    Read More>http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...ples-nuptials/
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Sounds like the gay nuts on DU. Fuck them.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Fabulous Poster
    Business owners have a right to freedom of association. Customers have a right to direct anger at business owners within the confines of legal behavior.

Sonnabend
    Customers have a right to direct anger at business owners within the confines of legal behavior.
    Making a threat of any kind is ILLEGAL

Imbecile.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Business owners have a right to freedom of association. Customers have a right to direct anger at business owners within the confines of legal behavior.
    Do you consider profanity-laced death threats to be "legal behavior?"

Sic hacer pace, para bellum.
    Sent from my android.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Gay is not a race. I'm really picky about that.

People have a right to try to get married where they want to and to express dissatisfaction at being denied. They have the right to advocate a boycott. What they don't have a right to do is threaten and intimidate.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post

People have a right to try to get married where they want to and to express dissatisfaction at being denied. They have the right to advocate a boycott. What they don't have a right to do is threaten and intimidate.
    I wish they could stick to distending each others body orifices in the privacy of their own homes and leave the rest of us alone.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Y
    However you routinely support the causes of these shakedown groups. They, after all, share your political views. You rarely if ever hear of a conservative group acting this way.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Y
    However you routinely support the causes of these shakedown groups. They, after all, share your political views. You rarely if ever hear of a conservative group acting this way.
    What are shakedown groups?

Take that up with the Blaze and then tell the ones doing the threatening how they are risking jail time. Their little private practice (that should remain private) could get a whole lot more exciting there.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.