Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Typical gay mafia tactics. Everyone who engages in this should be prosecuted under a RICO indictment. Won't happen under Holder, but it should happen.

If anyone thinks that this is not an organized criminal enterprise, then just ask yourself how these people managed to simultaneously call in death threats to a very obscure wedding chapel in the Middle of Damn Nowhere, Iowa. The only possible was through a criminal enterprise; ordinary everyday people do not make death threats, no matter how angry they are, over something that upsets them.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    What are shakedown groups?
    LGBT groups, NOW, Rainbow Coalition/Push, to name a few.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Any "professionally aggrieved" group whose goal it is to get their way (whether it is warranted or not) by force, propaganda (PR), or lawsuits. Usually there is a financial goal (as with Al Sharpton) but often there is a goal of trying to force society at large, courts, businesses, or established institutions to accept one set of behaviors for their pressure group while expecting another for the rest of society at large.

In 2006, when three white girls were brutally beaten and permanently injured by black teenagers simply because the girls were white, Jesse Jackson went to Long Beach, CA to make sure that the black teens did not get long sentences. Every black teen involved was charged with either a felony or a hate crime or both (and convicted), but none got significant prison time outside of time served, even the teen who was legally an adult at the time of the crime. Jesse was crucially not on the side of the girls who were victims of hate crimes, but on the side of the perpetrators of the hate crimes, simply because the perps were black.

And the feminist movement didn't touch this case, even though three girls were brutalized.

This is how you know they are shake-down groups: instead of supporting principles (like truly being against hate crime or truly being opposed to violence against women), they support particular subgroups of people at all times, despite the behavior of these people.

This is why I draw a thick line between the Jackson/Sharpton types and people like Cornell West (whom I believe is truly concerned about poverty all over the country regardless of race and is willing to draw the ire of loyal Democrats by challenging Obama on this). Jackson and Sharpton are shakedown artists; Cornell West, if I read him correctly, is not.

And don't get me started with feminist groups who are happy to defend white women if they are abused by white men, but who sit on their hands in utter silence if the male abuser is black. (Think OJ Simpson or the Long Beach case.)

Fund for the Feminist Majority, NOW, and related groups sat on their hands during the Long Beach case (above) which took place at the Halloween of 2006. NOT ONE PEEP. (I was on their mailing lists at that time and heard nothing from them about this.) Fast forward to July 2008 (21 months later) and the satirical cover of the New Yorker magazine, with Obama in a turban and Michelle dressed like Angela Davis with a machine gun. Suddenly my inbox was cluttered with feminist organizations telling me how racist and sexist that cover was and that I should go and complain. (They even sent the address of the editor and a way to get the message to him with a few clicks.) At the time, I was a PUMA (Hillary supporter--right before I came here), and I wrote back to all these organizations telling them (1) that the cover was satire and (2) that I supported the First Amendment.

What I should have written is "Where were you bitches when three girls were brutalized in Long Beach? What about real violence towards women, college girls, by racist blacks who were eventually convicted of hate crimes (though not sentenced properly)? WHERE WERE YOU THEN? It's only been 21 months and the trial went on through 2007. Is a magazine cover more dangerous than a brutal beating, resulting in the loss of vision for one of the young women?"

What I did do is take them off my mailing list and vow never again to support their hypocrisy.
    Last edited by Elspeth; 08-10-2013 at 02:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Wood View Post
    Typical gay mafia tactics. Everyone who engages in this should be prosecuted under a RICO indictment. Won't happen under Holder, but it should happen.

If anyone thinks that this is not an organized criminal enterprise, then just ask yourself how these people managed to simultaneously call in death threats to a very obscure wedding chapel in the Middle of Damn Nowhere, Iowa. The only possible was through a criminal enterprise; ordinary everyday people do not make death threats, no matter how angry they are, over something that upsets them.
    I see no proof of organized crime. I looked this up last night. Apparently, people threatening in the name of gay rights is more common than I thought. It's what extremist activists do (of any subject). They threaten. They might even act on the threat. That's because they want the entire country to do things their way. I do think they should be prosecuted, and I think it should be made public just to show people this won't be tolerated. I do think the courts should rule in favor of the business for first amendment reasons. Some will argue it's the same as allowing discrimination against blacks, but it's not. Gays and blacks could still be served there. Gays just couldn't have their wedding there. It's a freedom of religion thing. They said they wanted equality. Let people have equality.

I have to say that one of the reasons I started taking up for gay rights years ago is because I hated seeing how gays were being treated just for being gay. Well, now I'm watching people being threatened just for their religious convictions. How are the activist extremists behaving any better?

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    Any "professionally aggrieved" group whose goal it is to get their way (whether it is warranted or not) by force, propaganda (PR), or lawsuits. Usually there is a financial goal (as with Al Sharpton) but often there is a goal of trying to force society at large, courts, businesses, or established institutions to accept one set of behaviors for their pressure group while expecting another for the rest of society at large.

In 2006, when three white girls were brutally beaten and permanently injured by black teenagers simply because the girls were white, Jesse Jackson went to Long Beach, CA to make sure that the black teens did not get long sentences. Every black teen involved was charged with either a felony or a hate crime or both (and convicted), but none got significant prison time outside of time served, even the teen who was legally an adult at the time of the crime. Jesse was crucially not on the side of the girls who were victims of hate crimes, but on the side of the perpetrators of the hate crimes, simply because the perps were black.

And the feminist movement didn't touch this case, even though three girls were brutalized.

This is how you know they are shake-down groups: instead of supporting principles (like truly being against hate crime or truly being opposed to violence against women), they support particular subgroups of people at all times, despite the behavior of these people.

This is why I draw a thick line between the Jackson/Sharpton types and people like Cornell West (whom I believe is truly concerned about poverty all over the country regardless of race and is willing to draw the ire of loyal Democrats by challenging Obama on this). Jackson and Sharpton are shakedown artists; Cornell West, if I read him correctly, is not.

And don't get me started with feminist groups who are happy to defend white women if they are abused by white men, but who sit on their hands in utter silence if the male abuser is black. (Think OJ Simpson or the Long Beach case.)

Fund for the Feminist Majority, NOW, and related groups sat on their hands during the Long Beach case (above) which took place at the Halloween of 2006. NOT ONE PEEP. (I was on their mailing lists at that time and heard nothing from them about this.) Fast forward to July 2008 (21 months later) and the satirical cover of the New Yorker magazine, with Obama in a turban and Michelle dressed like Angela Davis with a machine gun. Suddenly my inbox was cluttered with feminist organizations telling me how racist and sexist that cover was and that I should go and complain. (They even sent the address of the editor and a way to get the message to him with a few clicks.) At the time, I was a PUMA (Hillary supporter--right before I came here), and I wrote back to all these organizations telling them (1) that the cover was satire and (2) that I supported the First Amendment.

What I should have written is "Where were you bitches when three girls were brutalized in Long Beach? What about real violence towards women, college girls, by racist blacks who were eventually convicted of hate crimes (though not sentenced properly)? WHERE WERE YOU THEN? It's only been 21 months and the trial went on through 2007. Is a magazine cover more dangerous than a brutal beating, resulting in the loss of vision for one of the young women?"

What I did do is take them off my mailing list and vow never again to support their hypocrisy.
    Well, everybody has a right to advocate for their beliefs and to take it to court if they think it's unconstitutional, but I do see what you mean about the hypocrisy and occasional bullying. Those kids who beat up on that girl should have gotten long sentences and professional help. I've always thought the way liberals handled the OJ case was bull. Did they forget that women are also a minority (meaning less power, not less in population)? I bought the racism line at first too, but then it hit me he really did do it when he said something that sounded just like what I thought a wife killer would say. Now, I can't believe he got off. And of course the feminist groups didn't speak up to my knowledge (didn't get on the internet back in 1995 though). So, I wonder what would happen if it was blacks vs. gays. You know it probably happens.

Rainbow PUSH

National Action Network

ACT Up

You Can Play Project

Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network

GLADD

Shall I continue or do you get the picture?
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

So, I wonder what would happen if it was blacks vs. gays. You know it probably happens.
    Gays win every time. They're the "in" victim group right now.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

I'm sure none of the BuFus that are making the threats live within 200 miles of the place, and the threats are as empty as their gay little skulls.

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post

Misogeny permeates so much of our culture-Chris Brown is still a popular rapper, and his stupid victim took him back. Teenaged girls (not my nieces, though) defend his beatdown of Rianna with all kinds of manufactured rumors (she gave him VD is the one I've heard most frequently).

I left DU over the 2008 primaries, as I was a Hillary supporter in the primaries.

I never understand the inability of modern feminists to criticize Islam's treatment of women. I have no problem with criticizing Israel for not allowing women to pray at the Wailing Wall, but compared to the way women are treated in most of Israel's neighbor nations, it's a pretty mild thing.

Some of my younger female coworkers have the hots for Kwame Kilpatrick. The ignore the fact that the federal prosecutors have actually put him away and blame Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy, who prosecuted him for a minor perjury case (and relentlessly chased him for every dime she could get out of him as far as his fines were concerned). They blame her for sending "that fine-looking man" to prison. In this circumstance, I don't know if the female misogyny bothers me more than the ignorance of the facts.

People attack Tim Tebow for praying during football games, yet the average NFL team has a cheerleader squad of barely-dressed women to show off as much as skin as network television will let them show.