1. #1 Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system 
    By Karoun Demirjian (contact) Karoun Demirjian

Saturday, Aug. 10, 2013 | 2 a.m.

In just about seven weeks, people will be able to start buying Obamacare-approved insurance plans through the new health care exchanges.

But already, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid is predicting those plans, and the whole system of distributing them, will eventually be moot.

Reid said he thinks the country has to “work our way past” insurance-based health care during a Friday night appearance on Vegas PBS’ program “Nevada Week in Review.”

“What we’ve done with Obamacare is have a step in the right direction, but we’re far from having something that’s going to work forever,” Reid said.
    Reid More>http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2013...eventual-sing/

We have been telling Nova this for 3 years now but she won't listen.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Fabulous Poster
    He's correct.

How many of the regular posters here on CU are on the single payer system already?

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    He's correct.

How many of the regular posters here on CU are on the single payer system already?
    I'm single, pay for my premiums, deductibles and co payments. I also pay for the contributions to my HSA.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    I'm single, pay for my premiums, deductibles and co payments. I also pay for the contributions to my HSA.
    Good for you baby. And when you get too old or sick to work, then you will be in the single payer system, and your insurance company will keep all the premiums you paid along the way. Drive by Greenwich Conn. sometime and be sure to thank them.

Good for you baby. And when you get too old or sick to work, then you will be in the single payer system, and your insurance company will keep all the premiums you paid along the way. Drive by Greenwich Conn. sometime and be sure to thank them.
    I have had a couple hundred thousand dollars in medical care under my current plan. That was just last year. There is no way they could ever end up owing me money.

He's correct.

None. But don't let the facts interfere with the fantasy.

Sic hacer pace, para bellum.
    Sent from my android.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!