1. #1 Lindsey Graham vs Tea Party 

Lindsey Graham’s primary challenge: Surviving next year’s primary

Is Lindsey Graham vulnerable?

Three Republican candidates already have announced they are gunning for South Carolina’s senior senator when he seeks re-election next year.

And if they can force him into a runoff next June, that could pose problems for the state’s most visible political figure.

Last week, state Sen. Lee Bright of Spartanburg announced he was running, joining Piedmont businessman Richard Cash and Nancy Mace, a consultant who also was the first woman to graduate from The Citadel. Still more candidates could emerge before filing ends in March.

Larry Sabato, director of the University of Virginia’s Center for Politics, said it’s too early to predict outcomes, but Graham is most vulnerable in the June primary rather than in the general election.

“The fact that Graham has drawn these opponents reflects what we have all heard over the past few years — many tea party Republicans want him out,” he said. “If anyone, or the combination of multiple candidacies, forces him into a runoff, Graham could be in real trouble.” >>>

Graham’s assets include his incumbency and seniority — with all its advantages and built-in staff and fundraising potential, Sabato said. >>>

Graham already has $6.3 million on hand. >>>

Henry McMaster, former state GOP chairman and previous S.C. attorney general, is one of the more vocal supporters for Graham, putting his re-election chances at “100 percent.” >>>

>>> it remains to be seen how formidable Graham’s challengers will be. Shortly after she entered the race, Mace made headlines when her Twitter account retweeted a reference to Graham as “Nancy boy Graham,” a derogatory term used to describe an effeminate man. The retweet was soon taken down, and Mace later said the retweet was an accident.

More@PostandCourier

No senior Republican should be safe. We have been waiting for them to perform their jobs for four and a half years now.
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

I hope he is as vulnerable as possible.
    A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others. Ayn Rand

Power Point Ranger

I like Nancy Mace, she is inexperienced and that is exactly what we need, I am tired of professional career politicians.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I like Nancy Mace, she is inexperienced and that is exactly what we need, I am tired of professional career politicians.
    Did you ever read tom clancy's Debt of Honor? The only way we are going to get enough new blood in there is for something like that to happen at the end of that book. (NSA not that I condone that)
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by Generation Why? View Post
    I hope he is as vulnerable as possible.
    He's pretty much done. He had a packed house of GOP leadership give a standing ovation when they were presented with a resolution to replace him.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    He's pretty much done. He had a packed house of GOP leadership give a standing ovation when they were presented with a resolution to replace him.
    I do not know the rules. Will a plurality get the nomination or does it require a majority (and a runoff if necessary)?