1. #1 The mysterious priest in Missouri is... 

Rev. Patrick Dowling

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2013...speed=noscript
    (snip)

Today the Diocese of Jefferson City identified the mystery priest.
    His name is Rev. Patrick Dowling, a native of Kilkenny, Ireland.

(snip)

The Diocese of Jefferson City has identified the priest who assisted at the site of the Sunday morning, August 4, 2013 auto accident near Center, Mo. He is Rev. Patrick Dowling, a priest of the Jefferson City Diocese. Fr. Dowling was travelling Hwy 19 between Mass assignments that morning in northern and central Missouri.

Fr. Dowling said that he is pleased that he was able to help by performing his ministry and noted that that he was just one of many who responded to assist the victim at the accident. He and the Diocese wish to acknowledge and thank the first responders, medical team and law enforcement personnel for their efforts that morning in aid of the young woman injured in the accident.

Fr. Dowling, a native of Kilkenny, Ireland, was ordained a priest of the Diocese of Jefferson City, Mo., in 1982. He has served at parishes in Moberly, Monroe City, Indian Creek, Milan, Unionville and Eldon, Mo., and in the diocese’s mission parishes in Marcona and Nasca, Peru.

(snip)

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

Thanks for posting. It's to the point that I'm almost afraid to look, thinking that it's another priest molester story. I had a 2nd cousin who was a prominent priest in the St Louis area a few years back. He's now serving time in a fed prison for that molesting thing. I never met him, but had talked to him on the phone. I was very ashamed.

Good for this priest.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

The priest did the right thing in stopping and rendering comfort.

But in a way, I wish this new information hadn't come out. Many things occur on a daily basis that are called "miracles", but few have the impact that this story initially had.

Now the mystery and inspiration are gone, and it's just another story. A moment lost.

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Quote Originally Posted by marv View Post

But in a way, I wish this new information hadn't come out. Many things occur on a daily basis that are called "miracles", but few have the impact that this story initially had.

Now the mystery and inspiration are gone, and it's just another story. A moment lost.
    Marv, you really are a sweet atheist.

Not a "moment lost", but a divine intervention at exactly the right time. The human heart needs to have hope to hang on ... and this wonderful priest did just that for the young woman in the accident, whether or not he knew the second rescue team was on it's way.
    American By Choice ~ 1980

Quote Originally Posted by ABC in Georgia View Post
    The human heart needs to have hope to hang on ... and this wonderful priest did just that for the young woman in the accident, whether or not he knew the second rescue team was on it's way.
    ABC, you're absolutely right. Perhaps the inspiration isn't gone; at least I hope not.

There are very fine men in the priesthood. I know some of them.

Quote Originally Posted by marv View Post

Marv, do you know the joke about the atheist explorer? He was complaining to a local minister about the time he got stranded in the Artic and was running out of food and a source of heat. He prayed to God to save him, and God didn't save him. So the minister asked him "If God didn't save you, why are you here complaining about Him to me?". The explorer said "an Eskimo came and rescued me".

God works through people, not just angels and supernatural occurences.