Thread: Thursday!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Thursday! 
    Got lots of rain yesterday, which the lawn desperately needed, thank goodness. Looks like we're in that hot and muggy summertime pattern...woohoo!

TOTD: What type of BBQ do you like? Homemade or restaurant? Both? Personally, I have never made a homemade style but have experimented with mixing or adding stuff to sauces, spice rubs, etc, but want to do more of that. I prefer marinated or spice-rubbing the meat first....then adding a little spicy BBQ sauce while the meat is on the grill. I think the whole BBQ controversy to be fascinating (Texas style, Kansas City style, North Carolina style, etc etc). Shannon makes a terrific over-baked boneless BBQ pork-ribs...yummy! (Homemade BBQ sauce too, I might add) I love places like Sonny's BBQ...all you can eat yumminess!
    "The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." H.P. Lovecraft in Supernatural Horror in Literature

It's hot, humid and may rain here today. No swimming, the pool is being treated.:(

TOTD: I just love bar-b-que. I had been around pretty traditional Texas style and when we moved to Fort Bragg, NC and I was served the "grey mush" I was horrified. Now I would pay big bucks for a plate of that. I learned to LOVE it.
    I don't like it floating in sauce, a good sauce doesn't need to be that prevalent.
    I even like a brisket tossed in a slow cooker and left all day with a good bottled sauce. yumm

(it is kind of early in the day to talk about BBQ!!)

I'm psyched cause this is my first day off in over a week - woo hoo!!!
    They're not people, they're hippies!! -Cartman

It is nothing against you to fall down flat, but to lie there - that's disgrace

Power CUer
    Looking pretty cloudy over San Diego. Our marine layer. But it's not quite 6am, so maybe this will get better.

Patent Member
    Severe thunderstorms, wind advisories, power outages, flooding, and tornados...

They had to close the local prison due to flooding, and the courthouse has been moved and is only hearing emergency issues. What the heck is with this state?

TOTD: Homemade, without a doubt. Being able to control what you eat and what flavors you get. Plus, it's a whole heck of a lot cheaper. My wife made some outstanding ribs & BBQ sauce over Memorial Day, I should get the recipe and post it here.

It's bright, clear and will stay in the 70s today. In fact, the entire forecast through Sunday looks pretty good. It's a good thing too because I've been feeding my plant habit by buying stuff on the way home from work so I have a bunch of hostas and some heather on standby. :)

TOTD: I prefer homemade BBQ sauce but a lot of bottled sauces are really good. I like Kansas City style BBQ best and Texas second. I'm with LL on the quantity. You just don't need it dripping off the meat.

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    TOTD: I am not a big fan of BBQ.:eek:
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

TOTD: I just plain love bbq, especially pull pork. It's the best thing the cafeteria makes at work.
    They're not people, they're hippies!! -Cartman

It is nothing against you to fall down flat, but to lie there - that's disgrace

Another hot, sunny day in Arizona. My sister and nephews are coming over after work to go swimming.

TOTD: Like Shannon, I'm not a big fan of BBQ.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    TOTD: I am not a big fan of BBQ.:eek:
    Same here, but I can eat it a few times a year. I really don't care for the "North Carolina" style, which is sort of pre-chewed in consistency and vinegary.