Thread: Thursday!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Patent Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap1 View Post
    Beef brisket is absolutely BBQ, you spandex-wearing Commie. You eat mayo, don't you?
    What the hell is wrong with mayo? Are you some sort of communist or something :mad:

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap1 View Post
    Beef brisket is absolutely BBQ, you spandex-wearing Commie. You eat mayo, don't you?
    AND Ramen, I bet!!!:p
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post

I like pork or beef BBQ and never knew it was a regional thing till I just read this:
    Beef up your barbecue with Texas-style brisket

Pork may be the preferred barbecue east of the Mississippi (think of the pork shoulder of the Carolinas and the ribs of Kansas City and Memphis), but in Texas beef is king — especially beef brisket, which comes moist and smoky and tender enough to cut with a fork. (Not that any self-respecting Texas barbecue buff would use a fork.) Barbecued brisket is simultaneously one of the easiest and most challenging recipes in the world of barbecue. Easy because it requires only one main ingredient: brisket (even the rub is optional). Challenging because pit masters spend years learning the right combination of smoke (lots), heat (low), and time (measured in half days rather than hours) to transform one of the toughest, most ornery parts of the steer into tender, meaty perfection.

snip, recipe and other info at site

Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
    I like pork or beef BBQ and never knew it was a regional thing till I just read this:
    Beef up your barbecue with Texas-style brisket

snip, recipe and other info at site

Not all good bbq takes a lot of time. I can cook a 60lb whole piggy inthe chnese box, La caja china! So tender you can carve it up with a dinner plate.

Caja china

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.