Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    Initially (when our satellite was much closer) it wasnít tolerable. The Earthís crust pulled upward just like the oceanís tides today. Much friction on the planetís surface and anything resembling life wasnít possible. In the end - when the moon moves too far away, the tides will cease and the oceans will stagnate - ending our existence eventually.
    What was and what will be is for God to determine. Right now things are exactly as He wants them to be. There was no life on this world. Eventually there will be no life on it again. That doesn't change it's uniqueness in the here and now. If the evolutionists can be believed the world has been in this unique state for about 31/2 billion years. Isn't it unique that the world was put in this unique position at this unique point in time for two of God's unique creations to have this unique discussion? No where else in the whole universe has this unique situation arisen.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    Also we didn't turn his garden into a cesspool. He removed us from his garden before we could corrupt it even more with our sinful nature. Perhaps in the future he'll let us return but in the mean time he has a lot to correct in our behavior.
    Maybe, my Christian friend - maybe. But Iíve travelled the surface of this planet enough to know that itís plenty beautiful enough to have some conscience about protecting whatís left.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    For our species sake, let's hope Earth isnt all that unique, and that we can feasibly move our population to other planets when the time comes.

Lets fast forward far far into the future...

When the Earth comes to the point where life (human life specifically, if we are still around) is basically unsupportable, will it be a sign of God's existence if we find similar habitable planets, thereby saving the species? Seems to me that would make more sense, in that God saw fit to pepper the universe with habitable planets for us to thrive.

Or the conditions on Earth could be unique, ensuring that we most likely die with the planet unless we can live on spaceships indefinately.... not sure which idea fits with a loving God the best here
    ;)
    Revelation 21
    The New Jerusalem
    1Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. 2I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. 3And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, "Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. 4He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away."

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Maybe, my Christian friend - maybe. But Iíve travelled the surface of this planet enough to know that itís plenty beautiful enough to have some conscience about protecting whatís left.
    Just think, if this beautiful world was were God decided to put us, how beautiful must the original garden been?

C. S. Lewis

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    Just think, if this beautiful world was were God decided to put us, how beautiful must the original garden been?
    You have the patience of a saint preaching to that one !

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    You have the patience of a saint preaching to that one !
    Not only that - the humility to disarm my ego.;)
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Patent Member
    If another life form is ever found on another world - the spiritual house of cards will pathetically fall. The finest money making engine in the history of man kind will implode in upon itself.
    What if we find another species and they have the Gospel of Christ, but it was revealed to them from their own Prophets.

Would the athiests finally repent and acknowledge their sinful ways, or just call it "one hell of a circumstance?"

Quote Originally Posted by biccat View Post
    What if we find another species and they have the Gospel of Christ, but it was revealed to them from their own Prophets.

Would the athiests finally repent and acknowledge their sinful ways, or just call it "one hell of a circumstance?"
    Had we found a cross on the dark side of a rock on the moon when we landed in 1969 - that would have been enough. 5 billion instant Christians.;)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by biccat View Post

Well forget about aliens for a second and lets rephrase the question to something more useful.

This is sort of like asking, "If there were certain and undeniable proof that the beliefs of {insert your favorite religion here} are true would you believe it?".

Sure. Its reasonable to accept things that are well supported by evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    Well forget about aliens for a second and lets rephrase the question to something more useful.

This is sort of like asking, "If there were certain and undeniable proof that the beliefs of {insert your favorite religion here} are true would you believe it?".

Sure. Its reasonable to accept things that are well supported by evidence.
    And where does faith enter in to that picture?

C. S. Lewis