Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 garlic and parmesan grfilled Hasselback potatos 
    Wow, I had to dust this forum off! Time to start posting some of the stuff I been making.

Lets start with this cool tater recipe, first off I've never heard of it but when I saw it, I knew I was making it!!

Ok I started with those cool Salmon sausages my son got me, no science here. Simmered them in white wine and seafood stock for 20 mins and threw them on the grill to brown up. Also sauteed some onions, peppers and mushrooms.

Ingredients
    4 Large Baking Potatoes
    2 Tablespoons Olive Oil (or More Depending On How Large The Potatoes Are)
    3 cloves Garlic, Coarsely Chopped ( I chopped more than that!)
    ¼ cups Parmesan Cheese, Grated
    4 teaspoons Dried Thyme
    Salt And Pepper, to taste

Preparation Instructions
    1. Bring grill temperature to medium-high and oil the grill grate.

2. Cut a thin slice from the bottom of each potato to ensure that the potato won’t roll around on you when cutting. Cut into the potato vertically leaving about 1/3 of an inch at the bottom. If you would like, place the potato between two wooden spoons to stop you from cutting all the way through the potato. Repeat this cut every 1/8 of an inch until you have reached the end of the potato. Repeat with remaining potatoes.

3. Rinse potatoes under cool water, fanning out the cuts to rinse out the slices. Place potatoes on a microwaveable plate cut side up. Microwave for 5 minutes. Flip potatoes over and microwave for another 5 minutes. Let potatoes cool so that you can comfortably handle them.

4. Brush potatoes with olive oil making sure to get it into most of the slits for maximum crispiness! Place pieces of garlic into the slices of the potatoes. Sprinkle the tops of the potatoes with Parmesan cheese, thyme, salt and pepper, fanning the slices open as you go.

5. Place potatoes on grill grate. Cover the grill and cook 20-25 minutes or until center is soft and edges are crispy.\

The food

Simple simmer

Side stuff

The star of this show!

Cool! Fan it out!

Smoosh all the good flavorings down and around

on the grill

Ahhhhh! Just the way JB likes it! In the plate!

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

Pat 45 ...

Everything you make looks so darn good! Not kidding!

I definitely want to make these potatoes!!!!

Question ...

I can do the microwave part, but IF, I were to finish them off in the regular oven ... do you have any idea if maybe 400 deg. for 30 mins or so, would work?

Hubby uses the stupid Green Egg for everything, and seldom ever fires up the BBQ ... and I would love to make them myself, for folks.

Please get back when you can. Thanks!

~ ABC
    American By Choice ~ 1980

Ok thats why gas grills are great! They are always ready! But yes I suppose you could bake them around 400 or so for 20 minutes. BTW they were way good!

Wow! Thanks for coming back so soon, am about to turn off this machine, for the night.

We do have a wonderful gas BBQ ... but the poor thing has been gathering dust/spider webs etc., since he is now into using the ugly great, green egg thing.

Will try it ahead of time at 400 for about 20 mins or so as you said ... for just the two of us, and see what happens.

Will then know and be delighted to make them for company.

They have just GOT to be absolutely delicious with all that garlic and cheese etc. BTW ... I also, always put way more chopped garlic than the recipe calls for!

Thanks again!

I always put more garlic than is called for! It's my trademark. After 20 mins stick em with a fork they should be don, enjoy!

Those are good looking potatoes.

Salmon sausage? How was that?
    Be Not Afraid.

A little drier than I would have liked. It came from the test kitchen where my son works. I told him to tell the chef to add some beef fat to it, or anything to get it moister. We will see.

The potatoes look great.

I will pass on seafood sausage.

Pat, Pat ...

Have just finished printing out the recipe for these potatoes. Am making them tonight to have along with steak and a Caesar salad for just the two of us.

I agree with Rob, and will take a pass on the seafood sausage if you don't mind!

Will let you know how they turn out.

~ ABC

Hi Pat45 ...

Finished dinner, cleaning up kitchen, and watching a movie downloaded from Netflix.

Potatoes (including my hands from chopping the 4 cloves of garlic that I used ~ ) smelled absolutely delicious while cooking!

Mr. ABC loved them ... but I thought they were a little dry. Think you did as well. Worked out just great baking them 20-25 mins at 400 deg. however.

Made all 4 of them, 2 left over for tomorrow's brunch, (and then some!) which I will saute in margarine, throw in a few onions, and serve with a cheese omelette and some bacon for him!

I will not indulge ... I am not big on carbs more than once a week, but love them when I do!!!

Thanks again, darlin!

~ ABC