Hard question, right? The circus at DU doesn't disappoint......not sure if they are simply ignorant, as usual or their hatred of Christianity is so blinding that they cannot or will not admit the truth.Star Member malaise (109,074 posts)
Could a DUer explain the difference between Sharia Law and
Xtian Fundie Law to me - thanks in advance
CBGLuthier (9,031 posts)
1. Well, there is the fact that the latter does not exist.
and Sharia law does.Mon Aug 19, 2013, 09:38 AMjberryhill (30,860 posts)
4. They sell liquor on Sunday where you are, eh?
Do they do it within 500 feet of a church?
unblock (24,013 posts)
5. anti-abortion laws? anti-gay laws? creshes on public property? god on our currency?
sure, sharia law is much more heavily encoded into public law in certain islamic countries than christian law is encoded into public law here in the u.s., but it's incorrect to say it doesn't ever exist.
it does and small bits of it even exist in our public law and governance. heck, congress even starts its session with a prayer.Fumesucker (33,201 posts)redgreenandblue (978 posts)
2. AFAIK, both are based essentially on Leviticus and Deuteronomy.
The Quran adds a few subtleties on top of that. What these are exactly, I cannot say. But yes, there certainly is a lot of overlap. All the dietary rules for instance.
3. One is wildly unpopular in the USA and the other is wildly popular? n/t
Star Member malaise (109,075 posts)
7. Bwaaaaaaaah hahahaha
Now we're getting theredawg (5,737 posts)
6. We can have bacon.
Yep. Crispy, yummy bacon!
Take that, Muslins!Star Member Scootaloo (7,047 posts)
8. I doubt many DU'ers even comprehend what "Sharia law" is
Beyond of course whatever Glen Beck tells them it is. "I know it's whut them thar moozlums foller. And I don't like it, nossir, not one bit."