Thread: Fort Hood Judge Bans Evidence of Shooter's 'Jihadi' Motives

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    It's too bad the MPs or whichever law enforcement agency originally took him into custody didn't just shoot and kill him in the process.
    They tried. First reports for at least a couple hours after the shooting stopped was that the shooter was dead.

I for one was very disappointed when I found out he'd survived.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    It's too bad the MPs or whichever law enforcement agency originally took him into custody didn't just shoot and kill him in the process.
    True dat.

I should add that all the motive evidence does become relevant and admissible in the sentencing phase of a court-martial, after what is known to JAGs as the 'Findings' phase is finished (During which guilt or innocence is determined, and the phase of the trial winding up now), and I expect both sides will talk about it at some length when the sentencing part begins. Of course, everything entered in that part is unique to the case at trial and doesn't bind or determine any outcomes in other proceedings involving any other parties.

9:46am "The defense rests" -no witnesses or testimony presented. Trial adjourned until Thurs for prosecution closing.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.