Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 61
  1. #31  
    I'm hyper. Lanie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    4,826
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Lanie Logic: Eating lunch or practicing French is the same as an innocent man getting gunned down by 3 assholes because they were bored.
    CU Poster logic: Everything should be turned into how we can blame it all on the liberals instead of actually talking about how to solve the problem.

    Perhaps I'd be more sincere if it wasn't the same boring crap.

    I know the idea that it's not all the fault of liberals is hard for you to grasp, but perhaps you can try. Perhaps if you and others would try, I'd talk to you seriously about the subject. I'm very upset that three teens gunned somebody down, but I see it as a problem of our society not thinking about consequences, not valuing life in general, and evil. I know. You all think that can be traced back to liberalism just like International Socialists I used to know always traced all evils back to capitalism. It's a lazy way of thinking. Seriously. I'm not saying that just to be mean. I mean what I say here. You all are being intellectually lazy by blaming all the world's ills on liberal politics. LAZINESS. I'm a former teacher. Can you imagine how badly I hate intellectual laziness? Ugh!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #32  
    Fabulous Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,161
    PS- I'm still not convinced that Michael Dewayne Jones is white. I'm betting that were he the victim we would know a lot more about his ethnicity.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #33  
    Power CUer
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    10,090
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    CU Poster logic: Everything should be turned into how we can blame it all on the liberals instead of actually talking about how to solve the problem.
    How would you suggest we solve the problem? And I'm speaking specifically here, not a general "we". How should NJCardFan fix Camden or Trenton? How should I fix Compton?


    Perhaps I'd be more sincere if it wasn't the same boring crap.
    Perhaps people would take you more seriously if you admitted that at least some of the crime problem is due to liberal policies. Even Goldie Taylor, in a sane moment on MSNBC, recognized that the rules for welfare benefits require the absence of a husband (or man) around the house, a policy which has produced the uneven (at best) to non-existent fathering in African American neighborhoods. It wasn't the Republicans who launched the War on Poverty that resulted in huge out-of-wedlock birthrates and fatherless homes.

    I know the idea that it's not all the fault of liberals is hard for you to grasp, but perhaps you can try. Perhaps if you and others would try, I'd talk to you seriously about the subject. I'm very upset that three teens gunned somebody down, but I see it as a problem of our society not thinking about consequences, not valuing life in general, and evil. I know. You all think that can be traced back to liberalism just like International Socialists I used to know always traced all evils back to capitalism. It's a lazy way of thinking.
    When given policies produce a particular kind of nihilism that results in killing sprees, then the policies have to be attacked. When family structure is destroyed, when blacks are told they are perennial victims and have no hope outside of the government, young black men will look for male role models and quick money, both of which can be obtained in gangs.



    Seriously. I'm not saying that just to be mean. I mean what I say here. You all are being intellectually lazy by blaming all the world's ills on liberal politics. LAZINESS. I'm a former teacher. Can you imagine how badly I hate intellectual laziness? Ugh!
    Teachers are usually in the bottom third of their academic cohort. There are some good ones, but, in general, they're not the best and the brightest.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #34  
    Power CUer
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    10,090
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    PS- I'm still not convinced that Michael Dewayne Jones is white.
    What makes you say that?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #35  
    Power CUer
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    10,090
    More from the Canada Free Press

    ...James Johnson, who called police to tell them the trio was hiding in the carpark of the Immanuel Baptist Church about 5pm on Friday, described them in all-too-familiar terms. He called them “troublemakers” and “bullies” with no parental supervision, and said that Edwards had threatened to kill his own son using Facebook. “They threatened to kill my son because they are in a gang, the Crips, and were trying to get my son in it and I wouldn’t let him do it.,” Johnson explained. “I told him he couldn’t run with those boys. He’s a little terrified.” Police Chief Ford believes that the teens’ wanted “to make a name for themselves” on the streets.

    Indeed, a dark picture emerges as one peruses the social media sites teens like these invariably use to brag about themselves and their exploits. Before it was removed, Chauncy Luna’s Facebook page revealed he goes by the alias Baby Drake. It showed photos of him posing with friends, including Edwards, and flashing gang signs. Two pictures on James “Lilbuggy” Edwards’ Facebook page are also quite revealing. One shows a handgun, and several others show staggeringly large sums of cash. Both may be explained by another photo containing hashtags suggesting he was a member of the Crips. There is also a photo of him posing with a shotgun. “# we up them poles,” Edwards says in the clip, “F—‘em.” (A dismantled shotgun with the serial numbers ground off was found in the car, but it is not currently known if it is the same weapon).

    Tweets on Edwards’ Twitter account suggest he is racist. On April 29, he tweeted “90% of white ppl are nasty. #HATE THEM.” On July 15, shortly after George Zimmerman was acquitted, Edwards tweeted “Ayeee I knocced out 5 woods since Zimmerman court!:) lol # ima keep sleepin #! #ayeeee.” “Woods” is a term used to denigrate white people. Yet Chief Ford, who has yet to see Edwards’ social media, told the Daily Caller a hate crime charge is not likely. “I’m not discounting the stuff that’s on there, but they do that for shock and effect,” he contended....
    and

    Former Congressman Allen West directly addressed the reticence of what he characterized as the “race industry crew.” West’s Facebook posting was caustic. “[S]hall we hear anything from the race industry crew, Hollywood elites, or maybe Oprah Winfrey? The issue is not about proliferation of guns in America. This is about a failing black community and the fact that its young men are desensitized to violence because a gangsta culture promotes it,” West wrote...

    ...Yet when violence occurs, “civil rights” leaders like Jesse Jackson call it “senseless” and carefully avoid drawing attention to the real problem. The same goes for all the celebrities who have lined up to turn Trayvon Martin into a cause célébre, but are currently nowhere to be found or heard on the Lane case. And despite wall-to-wall media coverage of this atrocity, principal deputy White House press secretary Josh Earnest professed ignorance about the case, before claiming he “wouldn’t want to get ahead of the legal process here.” When Fox News chief White House correspondent Ed Henry noted President Obama was more than willing to get ahead of the legal process with regard to Trayvon Martin, Earnest offered up a generic response about the president’s “concerns” regarding the “impact of violence and whether there is more we can do to try to protect our children.”

    We can’t protect our children from a thug culture when those who know better can’t be bothered to acknowledge its existence because it doesn’t accrue to their political advantage. And while the social dysfunction proliferates, blessed by the liberal and cultural elite, the racial divide widens. That is the real reason why the usual suspects have nothing to say about the killing of Christopher Lane. They know they, too, are part of the problem.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #36  
    Power CUer
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    10,090
    http://www.americanthinker.com/2013/...pher_lane.html

    If G.W. Bush Had a Son, He'd Look Like Christopher Lane

    By Taleeb Starkes


    Imagine the Left's reaction if the shocking, inter-racial murder of Christopher Lane had occurred when G.W Bush was president and he had stated, "If I had a son, he'd look like Christopher," or "Christopher Lane could've been me 35 years ago." Undoubtedly, the race-peddlers and entire grievance industry would've interpreted his comments as a subtle war declaration against Black America. Yet, when President Obama made these statements about Trayvon Martin, the Lefties claimed that he wasn't being divisive, he was simply "keepin' it real."

    The racial dynamics of both Christopher Lane and Trayvon Martin's scenarios have many people focusing on the similarities. I, on the other hand, see stark contrasts.

    Unlike Trayvon Martin, Christopher Lane doesn't have powerful, race-baiting allies in the Oval Office, Justice Department, media, and entertainment industry. Assuredly, General Holder will not use Chris Lane's senseless murder as a catalyst to pursue his often-requested national race dialogue. Nope. Nor will the Justice Department zealously create a tips hotline (in Zimmerman-like fashion) to build an airtight case against the Chris Lane's shooter for a civil rights violation or hate crime, even though the alleged gunman once tweeted, "90% of white ppl are nasty. #HATE THEM."

    There will not be nationwide "stop the violence" marches with fed-up participants wearing baseball hats to honor Chris Lane. In fact, this generic tweet from Jesse Jackson, which was likely written by his public relations aides, is all that Chris Lane's parents are likely to receive. It stated, "Praying for the family of Chris Lane. This violence is frowned upon and the justice system must prevail." Apparently, the deepest emotion that this so-called human rights activist was able to muster for Chris Lane was a figurative frown. This guy is such a phony!

    Unlike Trayvon Martin's parents, no mainstream American publication will feature Chris Lane's parents and siblings on its cover with the caption "We Are Chris." Nor will any mainstream publication with a majority White readership use his death to launch a "Save our Sons" campaign, despite the statistical fact that more Whites are killed annually by Blacks than Blacks are killed by Whites. Opportunistic celebrities will not elevate Chris Lane to cultural icon status and the Smithsonian Institution will not consider incorporating any of his jogging apparel from the murder scene into its historic catalogue. Even Oklahoma's Stand Your Ground laws have escaped Florida-like scrutiny because Chris Lane never had a chance to stand his ground.

    In summation, Chris Lane is not so analogous to Trayvon Martin. Chris Lane's story actually parallels Patrick Mahaney.

    Who is Patrick Mahaney? Unsurprisingly, the public doesn't remember Patrick Mahaney and predictably, the American mainstream media will ensure that Chris Lane also won't be remembered. Although Patrick Mahaney was in a different city than Chris Lane when he had a similar encounter with "bored" teenagers, the callousness was the same. According to the New York Daily News:

    "Six teens were arrested Sunday after beating a man unconscious in a Cincinnati suburb - because they were bored and looking for something to do. Pat Mahaney, 45, of North College Hill, landed in the hospital after a vicious attack that left him with a black eye and severe internal injuries. He was hurt so badly that his stomach filled with blood that required a tube down his throat to drain."

    Both attacks occurred in the month of August roughly a year apart. However, Chris Lane died on the scene whereas Patrick suffered for eleven months before dying last month (July 2013). Another consistency between Chris Lane and Patrick Mahaney's tragedies is the perpetrators' behavior after detainment. The police in both cases stated that the juvenile delinquents were arrogant, maintained their bravado, and lacked remorse for their criminality.

    America had better realize that this cavalier behavior isn't an anomaly. These sociopathic tendencies are religiously embraced by a criminal subculture within the Black community whose idea of recreation is to wreck-creation. Sadistic activities such as "Knock-out King," "Polar Bear Hunting," "Apple Picking" etc. are favorite pastimes in urban America. Unfortunately, the destructive tenets of this dysfunctional subculture have now manifested in Duncan, Oklahoma, where Blacks are a mere three-percent of its population.

    If society doesn't deal harshly with this anti-social, Black subculture that's empowered by liberal policies and excused by liberal sympathizers, we will see a significant increase of deaths and/or injuries stemming from "boredom." Advisedly, with Obama at the helm for the next few years, George Bush's sons may want to keep an eye out for Obama sons.


    Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/2013/...#ixzz2cjDrhWf8
    Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #37  
    I'm hyper. Lanie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    4,826
    Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    How would you suggest we solve the problem? And I'm speaking specifically here, not a general "we". How should NJCardFan fix Camden or Trenton? How should I fix Compton?




    Perhaps people would take you more seriously if you admitted that at least some of the crime problem is due to liberal policies. Even Goldie Taylor, in a sane moment on MSNBC, recognized that the rules for welfare benefits require the absence of a husband (or man) around the house, a policy which has produced the uneven (at best) to non-existent fathering in African American neighborhoods. It wasn't the Republicans who launched the War on Poverty that resulted in huge out-of-wedlock birthrates and fatherless homes.



    When given policies produce a particular kind of nihilism that results in killing sprees, then the policies have to be attacked. When family structure is destroyed, when blacks are told they are perennial victims and have no hope outside of the government, young black men will look for male role models and quick money, both of which can be obtained in gangs.





    Teachers are usually in the bottom third of their academic cohort. There are some good ones, but, in general, they're not the best and the brightest.
    So, you think these kids went on a killing spree because they didn't have their daddy at home?

    First, go through each individual child and show me if he's without a father. Next, show me how that impacted his mental health enough to think that murder was okay. Seriously, do you not realize how ridiculous some of this sounds?

    Yes, every child should have a mom and a dad. Parents should teach their children to get married and stay married. Parents should teach their kids not to abuse their spouse, the money, or other situations which make people feel like they have no choice but to leave.

    But just like abuse is not an excuse, neither is going without a father in life.

    As for teachers, most people here wouldn't be able to read without them. Some could, but a lot wouldn't.

    Yeah, there are bad things I could blame on liberal ideas. There are also bad things that I can blame on conservative ones (although they'll swear up and down they're not behind certain policies). But honestly, everything isn't about politics. I find it upsetting that you all think it is. I should have been nicer earlier, but it's like some of you all don't even make an attempt to think outside of the Rush Limbaugh box. None.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #38  
    Senior Member Eupher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mizz-uhr-ah
    Posts
    538
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    So, you think these kids went on a killing spree because they didn't have their daddy at home?

    First, go through each individual child and show me if he's without a father. Next, show me how that impacted his mental health enough to think that murder was okay. Seriously, do you not realize how ridiculous some of this sounds?

    Yes, every child should have a mom and a dad. Parents should teach their children to get married and stay married. Parents should teach their kids not to abuse their spouse, the money, or other situations which make people feel like they have no choice but to leave.

    But just like abuse is not an excuse, neither is going without a father in life.

    As for teachers, most people here wouldn't be able to read without them. Some could, but a lot wouldn't.

    Yeah, there are bad things I could blame on liberal ideas. There are also bad things that I can blame on conservative ones (although they'll swear up and down they're not behind certain policies). But honestly, everything isn't about politics. I find it upsetting that you all think it is. I should have been nicer earlier, but it's like some of you all don't even make an attempt to think outside of the Rush Limbaugh box. None.
    I don't listen to Rush. No time for that.

    I think Elspeth is speaking more of the very definite and visible destruction of the traditional black family. Hell, you can erase the word "black" and insert your favorite color. The FAMILY is being destroyed by the acceptance within the overall community of single parents (usually women), who choose to have babies without even the pretext of a relationship and the financial security that goes with that.

    As a result, the children that grow up in that situation are often angry, bitter, resentful, confused and spiteful. They gravitate toward gangs or other subcultures in which they can identify and be accepted, since the sperm donor who their father was more often than not doesn't accept them.

    These are the kids that become the cold-blooded killers that these three have become.

    To respond to your demand as to the family status of these punks, there's not a lot of information. James Edwards, the punk brandishing a rifle on Youtube, has a father that reportedly said that his son didn't commit the crime "because he's not that type of person."

    Chancey Luna's mother (no mention of father) also refuses to believe her son pulled the trigger because “They said it happened at 3 p.m.,” Luna told KSWO-TV. “I get off of work at 3 and it just takes me five minutes to get to the house and he was at home.”

    http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...the-fun-of-it/

    How about you actually proving that these three punks had veritable Ozzie and Harriet upbringings?
    U.S. Army, Retired
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #39  
    Power CUer
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    10,090
    Quote Originally Posted by Eupher View Post
    I think Elspeth is speaking more of the very definite and visible destruction of the traditional black family. Hell, you can erase the word "black" and insert your favorite color. The FAMILY is being destroyed by the acceptance within the overall community of single parents (usually women), who choose to have babies without even the pretext of a relationship and the financial security that goes with that.

    As a result, the children that grow up in that situation are often angry, bitter, resentful, confused and spiteful. They gravitate toward gangs or other subcultures in which they can identify and be accepted, since the sperm donor who their father was more often than not doesn't accept them.

    These are the kids that become the cold-blooded killers that these three have become.
    Yes. I was speaking about exactly this, as does Walter Williams:

    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...wsreel_opinion
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #40  
    Power CUer
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    10,090
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    As for teachers, most people here wouldn't be able to read without them. Some could, but a lot wouldn't.
    Don't flatter yourself. I was reading at 2--what they call an "early fluent reader" in the academic literature.

    And in terms of what your profession is producing in the inner city, you should be hanging your head in shame instead of taking credit for literacy.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •