Thread: Three teens accused of murder of baseball player Chris Lane identified

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 61
  1. #41  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,125
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    So, you think these kids went on a killing spree because they didn't have their daddy at home?

    First, go through each individual child and show me if he's without a father. Next, show me how that impacted his mental health enough to think that murder was okay. Seriously, do you not realize how ridiculous some of this sounds?

    Yes, every child should have a mom and a dad. Parents should teach their children to get married and stay married. Parents should teach their kids not to abuse their spouse, the money, or other situations which make people feel like they have no choice but to leave.


    But just like abuse is not an excuse, neither is going without a father in life.

    As for teachers, most people here wouldn't be able to read without them. Some could, but a lot wouldn't.

    Yeah, there are bad things I could blame on liberal ideas. There are also bad things that I can blame on conservative ones (although they'll swear up and down they're not behind certain policies). But honestly, everything isn't about politics. I find it upsetting that you all think it is. I should have been nicer earlier, but it's like some of you all don't even make an attempt to think outside of the Rush Limbaugh box. None.

    You do understand that liberal policies and belief systems work entirely AGAINST a two-parent family, right? Welfare promotes single motherhood (you cannot receive certain benefits if you are married or have a man around.) Liberal philosophies celebrate non-traditional families and vilify the two-parent traditional family. Your beliefs, as stated above, are not liberal beliefs.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #42  
    LTC Member Odysseus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    FT Belvoir, VA
    Posts
    15,639
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    The Duncan police chief said no further charges like hate crime would be filed, he said things like the racist comments on Facebook were just kids trying to impress each other.

    I'm tired of the double standard, we have many many types of citizenship today.
    The murder was also an attempt by kids to impress each other. Should that mean that we should chalk it up to childish highjinks and not prosecute it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    CU Poster logic: Everything should be turned into how we can blame it all on the liberals instead of actually talking about how to solve the problem.
    What you are refusing to see is that there is a political aspect to this case. The racial component is political and volatile because of PC rules that make discussion of felonies by members of the black underclass a taboo. The underlying cause of this attack is an embrace of a culture that treats the perpetrators as victims and justifies their conduct as an attack against some vaguely defined oppressor. It also contrasts the hypocricy and mendacity of the activists and politicians who siezed on the Trayvon Martin case as an opportunity to further their agendas. Obama framed the debate in racial terms, even when the circumstances didn't support the narrative. The media withheld key facts of the case and even fabricated evidence against George Zimmerman in order to attempt to ensure a guilty verdict that would support their preferred outcome, a repeal of Stand Your Ground laws and expansion of gun control. Black activists tried to present it as proof of American racism and attempted to cash in. All of these persons ignored the fact that this crime was an outlier, statistically. A black teenager is far more likely to kill a white than be killed by one, and even more likely to be killed by another black. This story should require the same kind of calls for "soul-searching" by the media, but won't. It will be used by some politicians to call for more stringent gun controls (and has been already), but the mindset of three gang-bangers who wanted to murder an innocent stranger in order to boost their street cred is off-limits. The programs that perpetuate the poverty and family disruptions of black America will not be discussed. The bigotry of at least one of the three perps, openly expressed on social media, will not be entered into evidence to demonstrate that this might have been a hate crime (while in Zimmerman's case, just the pigment of his skin was enough to start that ball rolling).


    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    Perhaps I'd be more sincere if it wasn't the same boring crap.

    I know the idea that it's not all the fault of liberals is hard for you to grasp, but perhaps you can try. Perhaps if you and others would try, I'd talk to you seriously about the subject. I'm very upset that three teens gunned somebody down, but I see it as a problem of our society not thinking about consequences, not valuing life in general, and evil. I know. You all think that can be traced back to liberalism just like International Socialists I used to know always traced all evils back to capitalism. It's a lazy way of thinking. Seriously. I'm not saying that just to be mean. I mean what I say here. You all are being intellectually lazy by blaming all the world's ills on liberal politics. LAZINESS. I'm a former teacher. Can you imagine how badly I hate intellectual laziness? Ugh!
    If you hate intellectual laziness, stop being lazy. There is a serious and important political component to this case. The refusal of our media and governing elites to give this murder the same kind of scrutiny that they gave to the Trayvon Martin case is an example of an ongoing pattern of creating a narrative of white racism and black victimhood, and choosing coverage, not on the merits of the story, but on its value to that narrative. That is a critically important political story, and your pretense that it isn't, that it's simply us trying to politicize a tragedy, that is intellectually lazy.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

    Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #43  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,125
    And another:





    Another Senseless Murder You’re Not Hearing About — and Some in the Family Wonder If It Could Be a Trayvon Martin Revenge Murder
    http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...evenge-murder/

    It’s a senseless murder you aren’t hearing about.

    A young white male was walking to his car on a city street late at night on August 12 when he was confronted by a trio of black individuals. They shot him dead. Police have arrested three people and charged them with first degree murder. But some in the victim’s family can’t understand why the shooting is being called a failed robbery when they say the evidence suggests something possibly more sinister: a hate crime.

    David Santucci, 27, had just started his new job as a nurse. According to his family, “he was an awesome guy…he wanted to be a missionary…he wanted to help people.”

    The murder happened in Memphis, TN less than two weeks ago. Santucci was killed by a single 9mm shot through his heart. To its credit, the Memphis police department apprehended the suspects in less than fifteen minutes. Various reports say that all three suspects made statements that implicated them in Santucci’s murder. And they’re calling it a robbery gone wrong.

    Miguel De Diago is one family member who doubts this killing was a failed robbery. He’s the the brother-in-law of David Santucci and told TheBlaze some stuff just doesn’t add up.

    The first and foremost question in De Diago’s mind: If this was a robbery, why did his brother-in-law still have his wallet, car keys, and cell phone? Nothing was taken from him. And witnesses confirm that.....

    In addition to the fact that Santucci was still in possession of his phone and wallet, Miguel says witnesses told police that the car drove past David, stopped and backed up. One of the suspects (Mario Patterson) got out of the car and walked toward Santucci, fired a shot and ran back to the car, jumping into the driver’s seat and speeding off. Miguel also says the police told him that the 9mm shell casing was found 10 feet from the body — an indication to him that the shooter was not at close range as would typically happen with a robbery.

    Miguel told TheBlaze that he tracked the alleged shooter, Patterson through his Facebook account — an account now deleted. He said the page had numerous photos of Trayvon Martin, and he wondered if it’s possible the shooting was a revenge killing for the Zimmerman verdict.....

    http://downtown.wmctv.com/news/news/...ing-south-main
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #44  
    Politically tired.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,624
    Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    You do understand that liberal policies and belief systems work entirely AGAINST a two-parent family, right? Welfare promotes single motherhood (you cannot receive certain benefits if you are married or have a man around.) Liberal philosophies celebrate non-traditional families and vilify the two-parent traditional family. Your beliefs, as stated above, are not liberal beliefs.
    I think welfare needs reforming. I think it should be about financial need, not about whether you're a single parent or not. I do think single parents should be given more consideration, but that doesn't mean others shouldn't be considered.

    Now, ask yourself why they're not considered? Is it not because conservatives are screaming that they're all lazy and shouldn't get help?

    Who is more likely to advocate that there be an expansion? Liberals.

    Who is more likely to advocate helping the single parent get job training so they can get off of welfare? More than likely liberals. Who will advocate cutting money to such programs? Probably conservatives. Who has pushed to make sure that non-custodial parents have to pay welfare? Who pushes for tougher penalties if they don't? Liberals. Actually, there's a judge in my county who is ALWAYS sympathetic toward a parent who won't pay child support or who in other ways mistreats their children or is a danger to them. Would you like to know what she is? A conservative. A conservative who claims God is why she's a judge. She really is sick in the head. To be fair, conservatives do speak out against her. It hasn't been enough to get her fired or voted out though.

    Oh, and let's go further. Who fought for laws against abusing one's spouse and kids? Liberals. Who always speaks out against it when presented? Conervatives (because it will supposedly lead to a witch hunt). So, I guess since more people can leave their abusers, we can blame liberals. Good point.

    The problem with the good old days where things were supposedly more moral is that people could abuse at a whim and get away with it. There was no way of proving somebody was the father of a child if he knocked a girl up. He got away with calling the girl a slut and never taking responsibility. I consider a lot of that to be the fault of conservatives and their obsessive need to never have any type of change. It doesn't occur to them that some changes are for the better. Yeah, some people abused those changes. It doesn't mean those changes shouldn't have been made.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #45  
    Fabulous Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,161
    You can produce lists and statistics all day long and it will not penetrate the blacks or most of the DUers. They have conveniently decided that law enforcement is white and racist and therefore all statistics are misrepresentative or outright lies. They have conveniently decided that the media is intent on a false portrayal of disproportionately black crime. They have decided that even if you can prove everything you say with statistics that "you need to educate yourself" which means that you need to read the writings of select groups of ethnic academics explaining why it isn't the fault of the black culture that it produces crime, it's perfectly understandable.

    And when you do all that, like arguing with a homophobic religious bigot, the record will skip and they'll simply start all over again.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #46  
    Senior Member txradioguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Bavaria
    Posts
    7,224
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    the record will skip and they'll simply start all over again.
    THat's how the rest of us feel whenever you or Bridget jump into one of these debates.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

    Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

    To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

    The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #47  
    Loss Prevention RobJohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    14,787
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    I had a sandwich and a Dt Dr Pepper for breakfast this morning. I will probably have a sandwich for lunch. Make that political.

    on edit: I just read some of the other responses since last night. I really feel sorry for you people at times.


    Dr Pepper? That's racist!

    Why not Dr Sea Salt?


    I know why you like it:


    Republicans love Diet Dr. Pepper. Now tell me why.

    Sometimes, data tells us obvious things high-turnout Democrats drive hybrids and watch MSNBC, while high-turnout Republicans watch Fox News and eat at Cracker Barrel. Nothing interesting there. But did you know Republicans also love Diet Dr. Pepper?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #48  
    Loss Prevention RobJohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    14,787
    Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    Don't flatter yourself. I was reading at 2--what they call an "early fluent reader" in the academic literature.

    And in terms of what your profession is producing in the inner city, you should be hanging your head in shame instead of taking credit for literacy.

    She is a typical lib trying to claim how social programs have fixed the world, and gave us all the ability to read and write.

    My parents taught me how to read, not a teacher.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #49  
    Loss Prevention RobJohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    14,787
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    Who will advocate cutting money to such programs? Probably conservatives.
    Bill Clinton actually signed a law that cut welfare benefits and required recipients to work after two years. As you might know President Obama lifted the "work requirement."

    So which liberal was correct? Clinton or Obama?

    "Today, we are taking an historic chance to make welfare what it was meant to be, a second chance, not a way of life." -Bill Clinton
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #50  
    Power CUer NJCardFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    15,319
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    CU Poster logic: Everything should be turned into how we can blame it all on the liberals instead of actually talking about how to solve the problem.
    You see you miserable suckhole is that because you are a brain dead left wing moonbat shit-for-brains know nothing twat, you can't see the forest for the trees. The Zimmerman case, the Oprah handbag fiasco, and the Riley Cooper story, all stories that were beat to death because of the alleged racial aspect of it. They were played out over the news ad nauseum. Meanwhile we've had a white kid beat to a broken arm by 3 black thugs, a random white kid shot by 3 idiots, 2 of which are black, the 3rd the jury is still out on, because they were bored, a WWII veteran beaten to death by 2 black thug wannabes, ALL have blatant racial aspects to their crimes and the media, the race pimps, and the president have all ignored. Oh, yeah, I forgot, Jesse Jackson thinks that the kid shot in the thrill kill should be frowned upon. Of course all of these facts are lost on you because you're head is as thick as Tuscan marble. So keep making jokes. This is what you wanted. Live it up. and burn in hell.
    "Inequality is a false notion propagated by those who are made to feel guilty for what they have by those who are jealous for what they don't"-Former MTV Host Kennedy
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •