Thread: 35 Years

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 35 Years 
    http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/bradl...ry?id=20021288

Bradley Manning Sentenced to 35 Years for Leaking Secrets

FT. MEADE, Md. -- Bradley Manning, the Army private convicted of leaking hundreds of thousands of classified documents to the website WikiLeaks, was sentenced to 35 years in a military prison today.

Pfc. Manning will also be reduced in rank to private, forfeit all pay and allowances and receive a dishonorable discharge. He will serve his prison sentence at the military's detention facility at Fort Leavenworth, Kan.

Manning, 25, expressed no emotion as a military judge announced the sentence. His defense attorney, David Coombs, later called Manning a "resilient young man" who comforted the weeping members of his defense team after the sentencing.

"You get this guy and he looks to me and he says, "It's OK. It's all right. Don't worry about it. I know you did your best. It's going to be OK. I'm going to be OK. I'm going to get through this,'" he said.

Resilient young man my ass. If that were the case, he wouldn't have been here. Resilient young men don't throw epic temper tantrums.

I've also heard he'll be eligible for parole in 8.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post

Get caught with a dime bag of weed, do 20 years. Commit an act of treason, you're out in 8.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Get caught with a dime bag of weed, do 20 years. Commit an act of treason, you're out in 8.
    Is it possible that the military doesn't want to look like it is persecuting gays?

Resilient young man my ass. If that were the case, he wouldn't have been here. Resilient young men don't throw epic temper tantrums.

Is that possible? I didn't think they did early release from military courts/prisons.

They were talking this morning on The Today Show about how Manning wants a sex change operation.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Is that possible? I didn't think they did early release from military courts/prisons.
    No, I meant in the sentencing. They could have been much harsher.

They were talking this morning on The Today Show about how Manning wants a sex change operation.
    I heard about that. Here is the Today link: http://www.today.com/news/bradley-ma...man-6C10974915

During his trial, Manning’s defense team suggested his struggles with gender identity as a gay soldier were a factor in his decision to leak. His attorneys presented an email to a former supervisor from April 2010 in which he said he was transgender and joined the Army to “get rid of it.” The email, which had the subject line “My Problem,” also included a photo of Manning in which he is wearing a blonde wig and lipstick. During Manning’s nine-month detainment at the Marine Corps brig in Quantico, Va., following his arrest in 2010, he sent two letters to his counselor using the name “Breanna,’’ Master Sgt. Craig Blenis testified at his trial.

"The stress that he was under was mostly to give context to what was going on at the time," Manning's lawyer, David Coombs, told Savannah Guthrie on TODAY Thursday. "It was never an excuse because that's not what drove his actions. What drove his actions was a strong moral compass."

I knew that the Wikipedia mafia was hardcore lefties, but this is ridiculous. The official page for Bradley Manning is titled Chelsea Manning...
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

I knew that the Wikipedia mafia was hardcore lefties, but this is ridiculous. The official page for Bradley Manning is titled Chelsea Manning...
    Do they advertise products on Wikipedia pages? if so you could have an ad for a lopping sheers on his bio page.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Do they advertise products on Wikipedia pages? if so you could have an ad for a lopping sheers on his bio page.
    No, they just do an annual drive that makes Skinner's whoring for money look good.