Thread: Kerry is meeting with Kissinger today for advice on Syria

1. #1 Kerry is meeting with Kissinger today for advice on Syria 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    DUmmies "most displeased" with John F'n Kerry...

Wed Sep 11, 2013, 01:01 PM
    Oilwellian

Kerry is meeting with Kissinger today for advice on Syria

Secretary of State John Kerry will spend much of Wednesday meeting with senior members of the U.S. foreign policy establishment, as he attempts to press the case for U.S. engagement in Syria.

Kerry is scheduled to meet one-on-one with former Secretary of State Henry Kissinger Wednesday afternoon, and address a meeting of the 25-member Foreign Affairs Policy Board Wednesday morning. On Wednesday evening, Kerry will host a dinner for FAPB members at the State Department, according to an official schedule.

Widely considered a godfather of U.S.-Russia relations, Kissinger served as Secretary of State under President Richard Nixon and President Gerald Ford. As the nation's top diplomat, he pioneered the idea of developing a détente, or cooperation based on shared interests, between the leaders of the world's two nuclear superpowers.

As the Obama administration seeks to work with Russia to craft a plan to rid Syria of chemical weapons, Kissinger could prove invaluable as both an adviser and a public ally.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3903888.html

Why are Democrats seeking advice from the war criminal largely responsible for Pinochet's brutal dictatorship?
    God forbid Kerry meets with someone that actually has a brain.
    May the FORCE be with you!

I'm not a Kerry fan, I didn't pick him in the 2004 primaries, and was not thrilled when Obama picked him to be SOS.

I do like Kissinger, and think that Kerry should talk to him about the ME. Kissinger was probably the best SOS to serve in the modern era. He certainly understands the issues in the Middle East.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I'm not a Kerry fan, I didn't pick him in the 2004 primaries, and was not thrilled when Obama picked him to be SOS.

I do like Kissinger, and think that Kerry should talk to him about the ME. Kissinger was probably the best SOS to serve in the modern era. He certainly understands the issues in the Middle East.
    He certainly knows more than Kerry.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    God forbid Kerry meets with someone that actually has a brain.
    Relax, you can pretty much depend on Kerry screwing up whatever Kissinger tells him and then doing something completely counterproductive with it.

....reminds me of the Tic Tac Toe champion meeting a Chess Grand Master.

Kerry should stick to wind surfing and skirt chasing after rich women - and not waste Kissinger's time. Even if Kerry understood what Kissinger tells him, it is unlikely he would take the advice.

Bottom line; Kerry is pretty useless because he knows less than any citizen in his district.

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    He certainly knows more than Kerry.
    So does a Heinz kosher dill.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Imagine if John F'cking Kerry were to meet with Kissinger and then Dr. Condelezza Rice?

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    So does a Heinz kosher dill.
    That would explain his marriage. He wanted to be able to go straight to the factory for advice.

Quote Originally Posted by rjas77 View Post
    Imagine if John F'cking Kerry were to meet with Kissinger and then Dr. Condelezza Rice?
    The problem isn't that Kerry is stupid, it's that he's a leftist ideologue who will disregard anything that doesn't fit his preconceived ideas of what ought to be happening in the world. The problem is that, while Kissinger knows far more than Kerry, his database is several decades out of date. Kissinger hasn't been a player for years, and while his guidance on general principles is probably very sound, his knowledge of the specifics of the situation may not be. This strikes me as more of a photo op than a real policy meeting. It's Kerry trying to add Kissinger's gravitas to his in order to disguise his flailing job performance.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!