Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 I blocked FAUX on the TV at work today 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    A child is proud of its work...

Wed Aug 21, 2013, 09:13 PM
    DainBramaged

I blocked FAUX on the TV at work today

felt good.

I replaced the remote that accesses the cable box channel sub- menus with a $5 basic remote and stashed the cable box remote in the rafters.

Fuck the Pukes.
    And these are the people who think they are better than you.
    May the FORCE be with you!

2. #2 The Kommisar will make your choices for you... 
    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    A child is proud of its work...

And these are the people who think they are better than you.
    Your only task is to OBEY.
    "Asakatsu Magatsu"

True victory is victory over oneself.

~ Morihei Ueshiba O-Sensei ~

39K posts and you just figured how to destroy FNC by changing the channel?

No wonder you voted for Obumbler.

Quote Originally Posted by FDK View Post
    39K posts and you just figured how to destroy FNC by changing the channel?

No wonder you voted for Obumbler.

Response to DainBramaged (Original post)

Wed Aug 21, 2013, 09:20 PM

Initech (40,507 posts)

2. Better would be to use the parent blocker and permanently block it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Response to Initech (Reply #2)

Wed Aug 21, 2013, 09:27 PM

Star Member DainBramaged (39,016 posts)

3. I did

then swapped the remote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Response to Initech (Reply #2)

Wed Aug 21, 2013, 09:28 PM

Star Member truebluegreen (2,748 posts)

4. Now that would be a richly-deserved response

to the 12-yr-olds who follow it.

Lydia Leftcoast (46,909 posts)

28. I get Fox and CNN (which is almost as bad these days) forced on me in all kinds of environments

including doctors' waiting rooms, airports, and restaurants.

Why is there TV in a workplace at all?

I'm self-employed, so my exposure to other people's media is minimal, but a friend of mine said that all TV and radio were banned in his office, because they were the source of too much contention.
    CNN?

Wed Aug 21, 2013, 09:13 PM
    DainBramaged

I blocked FAUX on the TV at work today

felt good.

I replaced the remote that accesses the cable box channel sub- menus with a $5 basic remote and stashed the cable box remote in the rafters.
    What a good little Fascist you are.

Wanna cookie?

In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    What a good little Fascist you are.

Wanna cookie?

Some of the comments in that thread are priceless.

branford (414 posts)

31. And free speech dies a little bit more . . .

I'm most certainly no fan of Fox, and choose not to watch it at home. However, intentionally preventing others from watching it is simply wrong. Fox has a right to broadcast, and people can choose to listen or not as they see fit. We live in a free country, and sometimes we are exposed to ideas or speech that we find abhorrent. That is one of the costs of our freedom.

The OP admitted that the television was not her property and she was not in her home. If she did not want to watch, she should have requested that her company change the channel. That's where her rights ended, and she began to infringe on the rights of others. To silence legal speech simply because you don't like it is most definitely not a liberal value.

If her company chooses to watch Fox, its their loss, but also their decision. The OP does not have the right to determine what her company, boss or other employees watch. Altering passwords or switching remote controls is malicious and juvenile. It's neither funny nor smart, and if you don't know why, you obviously slept through grade school social studies.

If your only response to speech that you don't like is to attempt to silence it, rather than act like an adult and attempt to change hearts and minds, you are either dreadfully misinformed or lack confidence in your purported principles.

Despite the silly rah-rah attitude of my fellow posters, I view the OP's action as little more than childish political tantrum.

I expect such conduct from the ignorant who cannot stand any challenge to their foolishness, including many of the right-wing. I believed my fellow liberals stood by their principles, were better informed, and above such petty nonsense. I sadly appear to be mistaken.

Sonnabend
    MsPithy (647 posts)
    47. Yeeesh!

Give it a rest, honey.

The Fox channel has no redeeming social value. None. They broadcast flat out lies and propaganda. They disseminate fear, anger and hatred, to advance the political party that has racism, misogyny, bigotry, religious zealotry, grinding poverty for the masses and evil at its core. They should never be included under the umbrella of "free speech," they are nothing more than hate speech, or the equivalent of shouting fire in a crowded theater, 24 hours a day. The fact that they are allowed to broadcast at all is a blot on civilized society.

Have you tried to "change hearts and minds," of any Fox channel viewers, lately? It is not possible. They are completely brainwashed by the constant repetitions of short phrases and the overwrought and frantic emotionalism.They have been brainwashed to hate Obama so irrationally, 28 percent of Louisiana republicans think President Obama caused the failures of the Hurricane Katrina relief efforts.So, give your sanctimony on behalf of Fox, a rest.
    Translation: You are allowed to have free speech and freedom as long as you agree with me.

Dummies in lockstep.

It's a real pity we cant find out where the OP works. Somethng about telling them their staffer STOLE a remote control and then changed passwords on it for their own reasons, then seeing them fired, would make my heart smile.