1. #1 WWII vet, beaten by teens outside Eagles Lodge, dies 
    Sonnabend
    http://www.democraticunderground.com/10023516312#post1

Most of the comments are okay but this: I foresee granite in this mans future

eaglegso (1 post)
    31. Trayvon/Chris Lane/ and now "Shorty"

Really? I have lurked here for many months, but this just irked me. Two people just killed/stomped this guy for no reason, and it's horrible, I will pray for him.

But why? Why? This was a total racial event, and you can't say it's not."trayvon could be my son", could these not be his son? Nope! But these are his "people", and I am a black man.I voted for Obama and I am sorry I ever did.
    Racial relations are sorry now, Trayvon was a horrible event, Chris Lane is a horrible event, and now this!

I'm sorry, this is so horrible. But this is going to happen again and again.White on Black, Black on White violence shall ensue.
    You have "outrage" with the Trayvon killing..... Will there be "outrage" on this man's death, or even with Chris Lane, will it be in the news? NO NO NO

Will Jesse Jackson speak up? Nope. Will Sharpton speak up? Nope. That is each and everyone's problem (and you included). No one will speak up for what's right. It's not white vs. black, or black vs. white, it's right vs. wrong. And this was wrong. and there will be silence once again from our leaders (so called), and the media...

I am done!

two black kids (on video) killed this old man, right? Will this ever be shown on tv, horribly I would have to say no.

Again it's not white vs. black, or black vs. white. It is right vs. wrong, and this is so wrong, on so many levels!

I will never leave my house again unarmed, and I would like to thank "our" leader for this. Who would thought it would come to this? I never would.

What's really sad about the DUmbasses commenting in that thread is what led to this vet's death is the very society they champion with their support of the people they put in office and the policies they enact....and it goes right over their pointy little heads.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    http://www.democraticunderground.com/10023516312#post1

Most of the comments are okay but this: I foresee granite in this mans future

It's already gone. The good little Stalinists there wasted no time. However, this one is up, and may survive the coming purge:

The Straight Story (44,201 posts)
    39. No, but look at what we are seeing:

This is just a small sample from Twitter (only covered about 3 minutes) - I don't know their political affiliation, rw'er, etc - but this is trending and the comments are pretty consistent.

If obama had 2 sons, they would look like the 2 thugs that killed American hero #DelbertBelton. Obama hates our veterans too.

Where's the outrage for #ChrisLane #DelbertBelton ? Why aren't you on TV Mr. President calling for justice for them!

#DelbertBelton , who was murdered in a racial attack, hasn't gotten anywhere near the attention of a rodeo clown with an Obama mask. Why?

Wonder if the two black teens who beat #DelbertBelton to death will claim he was being racist towards them?

-------------------------------

Here are the issues as I see them: If we are to be consistent when it comes to crimes and hate crimes why do we devote so much more time to one than the other (same thing as asking why do we cover missing white girls more than those of other races/sex - it is a fair question).

We cannot blame this crime on guns, and since guns didn't make this crime happen there might be another reason (cause gun crimes only happen because guns force people to commit the crimes, in this case we actually have to think and look for motives and question why it happened instead of spending all day over what was used/how).

If two Christians beat up and killed a Muslim the first thing people would note is the religion of the perp/victim. If two white kids beat and killed a black man we would be talking about race and it's motivation.

Why is so taboo to ask that same question in this case? What OTHER motivation comes to mind? Not robbery? Maybe ageism?

We can rule out guns making it happen, we can rule out robbery, we can rule out sexism.

Asking questions about motive is pretty natural, even if we don't like where it is leading. Why are some so afraid to ask the questions in this case and the Lane case (and any other case we see in the news)? Seeking reasons for why a few do something does not mean we feel the many are the same (unless it is guns, then the many = the very few).

Reply to this post
    Back to top Alert abuse Link herePermalink
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
    What's really sad about the DUmbasses commenting in that thread is what led to this vet's death is the very society they champion with their support of the people they put in office and the policies they enact....and it goes right over their pointy little heads.

100% correct Zath, and they will never admit it, NEVER.
    May the FORCE be with you!

The Straight Story had a very good post.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.