Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 What is with so many of you referring to Manning with male pronouns 
    link

DUers taking "name it and claim it" to the extreme:

Star Member La Lioness Priyanka (46,198 posts)

What is with so many of you referring to Manning with male pronouns
    when you know full well that she requested female pronouns?

Does anyone want to explain this to me?

When Elizabeth Warren said she was Native American and Scott Brown denied her this right, I remember a lot of you were calling him a racist.

How is that you feel OK to deny someone the right to use the pronoun they feel fits them the best?
    Maybe some of the Republican politicians should "claim" they are African American...from 2 or generations ago...and so it gives them the "right" to claim all criticism of them by Democrats due to liberal "racism".

Or maybe some of them can claim to be "women" and give their opinion of how abortion is selfish from their (a woman's) point of view and is murder and needs to be illegal.

Hey, they claim they are Black and/or are women....that should give them instant credibility within the liberal camp, right??

Then the excuses and the beat down commences.

Star Member La Lioness Priyanka (46,198 posts)

What is with so many of you referring to Manning with male pronouns
    when you know full well that she requested female pronouns?

Does anyone want to explain this to me?

When Elizabeth Warren said she was Native American and Scott Brown denied her this right, I remember a lot of you were calling him a racist.

How is that you feel OK to deny someone the right to use the pronoun they feel fits them the best?Star Member La Lioness Priyanka (46,198 posts)
    Silly carpet-muncher, you may in the future only refer to me as "His Excellency" ("Your Excellency," in the second person, of course). Any other usage is a sanist affront to my cherished delusional system.

Sorry I will never refer to him or any transgender freak in any other way then what their DNA and body parts tell me they are.
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    Sorry I will never refer to him or any transgender freak in any other way then what their DNA and body parts tell me they are.
    It's generally good manners to refer to a person as he prefers to be referred to. However, good manners only applies with received persons. Manning is a criminal, and you are entitled to refer to him as you wish without making a social error.

As long as he's got the frank and beans, he's a man.

He's going to have fun in prison.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    As long as he's got the frank and beans, he's a man.

He's going to have fun in prison.
    Military prison, not standard prison. I don't think they have a tranny brigade at Ft. Leavenworth.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    It's generally good manners to refer to a person as he prefers to be referred to. However, good manners only applies with received persons. Manning is a criminal, and you are entitled to refer to him as you wish without making a social error.
    So, in the name of good manners, we should ignore the evidence of our eyes and ears? By that logic, we should have honored Idi Amin's official titles (i.e., the titles that he ordered his countrymen to use, on pain of death), which were: "His Excellency, President for Life, Field Marshal Al Hadji Doctor Idi Amin Dada, VC, DSO, MC, Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Seas and Conqueror of the British Empire in Africa in General and Uganda in Particular", in addition to his officially stated claim of being the uncrowned King of Scotland. Needless to say, he was delusional. Just because someone wants to be called something doesn't mean that they warrant it.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

I would bet he is using the gender change so he will be in a private cell. Which includes special needs, so he gets better service and away from other inmates who would probably kill him. Leavenworth is a tough place to be. But I think there are no females there, so he would not be there long if they grant him/her their wish.

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Well screw that Manning a-hole, I'm going to call "it" whatever I please. And the first thing I would like to call "Chelsea" is TRAITOR!!!
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

That's another consideration as well. He tried using it to get removed from the military. I'm sure back then it was all just a ploy. His alter-persona never made an appearance until his previous attempts at getting discharged had failed, and his actions afterwards lend support to it I feel. He played around as a girl for a weekend, made some internet posts, took some video footage, returned to Iraq from his mid tour, then immediately sent the stuff to his commander.

That to me screams that he was doing it purely to get seperated, and the whole thing wasn't real. Now that he's facing most of his adult life in jail, he's falling back on that to try to get some special considerations.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.