Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    Jeez, just that sentence is offensive. What a pig.
    Oh yeah.

Up on UT San Diego now:

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2013/...ilner-resigns/

Bob Filner resigned Friday as San Diego’s 35th mayor following a tumultuous six weeks in which lurid allegations of repeated sexual misconduct against women crippled his ability to lead and turned him into a subject of national ridicule.

Filner agreed to step down as part of a deal approved Friday afternoon by the City Council on a 7-0 vote in closed session that limits his legal and financial exposure stemming from a sexual harassment lawsuit filed by a former aide.

In a dramatic appearance before the council, Filner was both apologetic yet defiant, lashing out against a "lynch-mob mentality."

"For my part in causing all of this, I offer a deep apology certainly to all the citizens of San Diego," he said after the vote.

He added: "To all the women I offended, I had no intention to be offensive."

But he questioned the claims against him.

"Not one allegation has ever been independently verified or proven in court," he said. "I have never sexually harassed anyone."

He criticized the "media and their political agents" and said he "played into the hand" of those who wanted a "political coup."

He said he "provided ammunition for that."

Filner’s resignation ends a civic nightmare and completes a stunning fall for the longtime politician and former congressman. He took office in December as the first Democratic mayor in 20 years and promised to shake up City Hall for the betterment of the disenfranchised and downtrodden. Instead his brief tenure was rife with conflict and questionable decisions before imploding last month amid numerous accusations of sexual impropriety.

One of Filner’s female accusers, political consultant Laura Fink, gave emotional testimony before the council vote saying she stood with the alleged victims.

“I hope that you will consider the nature and degree of the deplorable behavior that the mayor has committed,” Fink said during a public hearing before the council went behind closed doors.

“I do think that it’s time for some healing,” said City Attorney Jan Goldsmith also before the vote.

Goldsmith was a key player in the negotiations leading to Filner’s exit.

The formal resignation puts in motion the steps to replace Filner, with Council President Todd Gloria assuming authority over mayoral staff and city operations until a replacement is elected.

The council must set a special election within 90 days and several high-profile contenders are expected to consider running. They include former Councilman Carl DeMaio, Councilman Kevin Faulconer, former Assemblyman Nathan Fletcher, Gloria, former state Sen. Christine Kehoe and Assemblywoman Toni Atkins. Fletcher filed his intention to run with the City Clerk on Tuesday.

If no wins a majority, the top two finishers will compete in a runoff within 49 days later.

Bob Filner: Criminal investigation
    http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...0,401188.story

Updated at 4:23 Aug. 23: Filner is now the subject of a criminal investigation by the state attorney general’s office, a spokesman for Atty. Gen. Kamala D. Harris said in an email late Friday

Why should anyone care about this? This is just another distraction in a string of them protecting obama
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    Why should anyone care about this? This is just another distraction in a string of them protecting obama
    Hey it's a bone, we never get anything, one Democrat fallen in total shame is at least a taste of what we should have.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Soon Lanie will be here asking why we have to politicize this.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg