Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 US moves for possible Syria strike 
    Sonnabend
    THE Pentagon is moving forces into place in case President Barack Obama opts for military action against Syria, US Defence Secretary Chuck Hagel suggested on Friday US time.
    He spoke as a defence official said the US Navy will expand its presence in the Mediterranean with a fourth warship armed with cruise missiles.The US Sixth Fleet, with responsibility in the Mediterranean, has decided to keep the USS Mahan in the region instead of letting it return to its home port in Norfolk, Virginia. Three other destroyers are currently deployed in the region - the USS Gravely, USS Barry and USS Ramage.

He has to be out of his mind. NO WAY IN HELL will the other Arab states sit still for this.

Considering they invited us to deal with Libya, and they aren't saying anything about our efforts in Yemen, I'd say the majority of the Arab states aren't going to raise much stink about whatever our limited response will be.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Libya was a smashing success and we were loved by all, today they are an example of the perfect middle eastern democracy with freedom for all.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Sonnabend
    DJones: that was when you had a COMPETENT President and CinC.

The current CinC cant be trusted to tie his own shoes without fucking it up.

Or to be precise:

He needs full radar support, three sets of Taccom computers, full backup gear, three hunting dogs asnd an inertial tracking and triangulation system to find his own ass.

On a GOOD day.

Ummm... Sonna, both those points I referenced were under Obama. He ordered the US intervention into Libya that led to Qaddafi's overthrow. He's also the CinC responsible for our efforts in battling Al Qaeda's attempt to destabilize Yemen's government as well.

So I'm not sure what you are talking about.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

I'm not surprised. This has been in the works for a long time.

Sonnabend
    DJones: so he listened to his generals once or twice.

The man is incompetent.

Libya was shooting fish in a barrel, a country with a large ground army but no truly modern ADA weapons, and with all its cities concentrated in a littoral strip of largely-uninhabitable desert, linked by one major coastal highway like Chistmas tree lights, adjacent to an ocean controlled by us and our allies for nearly 70 years and within an easy unrefueled hop from NATO air and sea bases. Syria is none of those things, the logistics of sustained operations against her are incredibly burdensome and the price any ally in the region will ultimately pay for taking sides in this or supporting us against the Syrian regime is incalculable.

Why are we getting involved? Both sides are trash and won't help us in any event. I say lets feed them some more chemical weapons so they can kill each other more.
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    Why are we getting involved? Both sides are trash and won't help us in any event. I say lets feed them some more chemical weapons so they can kill each other more.
    All the Muslim countries should be blockaded so nothing can go in or out, wrap a red line around the middle east.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg