1. #1 OBAMA DELAYS KEYSTONE PIPELINE DECISION AGAIN TO 2014 
    Delay after delay has kept the Obama administration from giving a final go ahead for construction of the Keystone pipeline and the upwards to 42,100 jobs it would create.

Now the State Department is saying the decision will be pushed off again–this time until 2014.

This newest hurdle was put in place with a demand by environmentalists that the government investigate a supposed conflict of interest with the contractor that was hired to write a report on the pros and cons of the pipeline project. The review rated the project favorably.

The State Department’s Office of Inspector General announced on August 23 that the results of the investigation into whether or not Environmental Resources Management has ties to pipeline builder TransCanada Corp. won't be ready until January.

This late release of the results of the investigation almost assures that the government won't begin making any decisions until 2014.

The President has done everything he can to distance himself from having to make this final decision. He's demurred many times to definitively say where he stands on the project and has even diminished the number of jobs the pipeline will create, characterizing the whole project as inconsequential.

Earlier in the year, Obama said that the pipeline would only create 2,000 jobs and that the whole project was just a "blip" in the big jobs picture. This is a claim even the left-leaning PolitiFact.com called false.

Not long after that, the President absurdly downgraded his estimate even further, claiming that only 50 jobs would be created by the project.

Still, even Democrat backers of the project say they are "optimistic" that the whole thing will be approved eventually.

After a recent visit to the Canadian oil sands, Sen. Heidi Heitkamp (D-ND) said she believes the pipeline will eventually get the green light.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...in-Now-to-2014
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Obama has no interest in, and may just be against, our energy independence. He prefers our remaining dependent on the middle east. This isn't simply his desire for "green energy". And, I don't think he's terribly concerned about appeasing the enviros as has been suggested. I don't think he's concerned about appeasing any group. He's doing his deal and screw anyone who doesn't approve. There's more at play. Can somebody clarify for me?

Interesting how everything is being put off til 2014.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    Interesting how everything is being put off til 2014.
    And once we're past the 2014 mid terms he'll delay them again until 2016 or 2017 so he never gets blamed for the crap he's done and someone else will be left to clean up the mess.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

What is going on is that Canada is making plans to get their oil to other markets and it is happening now. Soon there will be no need for Keystone.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.