Thread: No, thanks: Stop saying “support the troops”

1. #1 No, thanks: Stop saying “support the troops” 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    The scum that is DU...

Sun Aug 25, 2013, 03:55 PM
    douglas9

No, thanks: Stop saying “support the troops”

My 16-month-old son was having a bad day. When he doesn’t sleep in the car, he usually points and babbles his approval of all the wonderful things babies notice that completely escape adult attention. On this afternoon, though, he was teething and hungry, a lethal scenario for an energetic youngster strapped into a high-tech seating apparatus (approved and installed, of course, by the state).

When it became clear he couldn’t, or wouldn’t, sleep it out, my wife and I stopped at a nondescript exit, the kind one finds every six miles in the South, with two gas stations and three abandoned buildings (if you’re lucky, you also get a Hampton Inn and Cracker Barrel). While she tended to the baby, I entered a convenience store — one of those squat, glass and plastic rectangles that looks like a Sears & Roebuck erector set — praying it would have something other than beer, cigarettes and beef jerky.

I settled on two Kraft mozzarella sticks, resisting the urge to purchase for myself a shiny red can of Four Loko.

“That’ll be $1.82,” the lady at the counter cheerily informed me. After I handed her two ones, she asked, “Would you like to donate your change to the troops?” I noticed a jar with “support our troops” taped to it in handwritten ink.

“No, thank you,” I answered firmly.

“Well … OK, then, sir,” she responded in subtle reproach, her smile not quite so ascendant anymore. “You have a good day now.”

http://www.salon.com/2013/08/25/no_t...rt_the_troops/
    Haven't seen one of these in a while. They are too busy supporting Trany Traitors...
    May the FORCE be with you!

Holy shit. Gotta love the pretension.

Next thing you know the DUmmie will be smelling his own farts. (South Park reference for those familiar with the show):

Be Not Afraid.

Oh, shit, the guy is a muzzie. That explains it. From the article:

Her response evinced more shock than anger. She wasn’t expecting a refusal of 18 cents, even from a guy who looks very much like those responsible for the danger to our troops.
    Be Not Afraid.

The public support for the troops really galls the media, for a number of reasons. First, they loathe us. We defend a country that they hold in contempt, have values that are in direct conflict with their nihilism and relativism, and our existence reminds them that there are men and women who don't run from physical confrontations or use our positions to cash in at the public teat. Honor offends the dishonorable, courage offends the coward and integrity offends the dishonest. Everything about us offends them. Second, they've spent a tremendous amount of ink trying to portray us as murderous thugs, psychos or dupes, and it hasn't stuck. Meanwhile, trust in their pet institutions, the media, academia, the various parts of the government that lord over the rest of us, is at an all-time low. Third, they feel a tremendous nostalgia for the 60s, when they could bully service members in public and get away with it. They really do want to go back to being able to spit on Soldiers in airports and flex their moral superiority, and this speaks to the fourth reason, which is that the left thinks of itself as our moral and intellectual superiors, and it offends their sense of superiority to see people that they consider ignorant, violent neanderthals being given respect that they consider their own due.

Articles like this warm my heart. We're offending the right people.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

I can only say...

It is the Soldier, not the minister
    Who has given us freedom of religion.

It is the Soldier, not the reporter
    Who has given us freedom of the press.

It is the Soldier, not the poet
    Who has given us freedom of speech.

It is the Soldier, not the campus organizer
    Who has given us freedom to protest.

It is the Soldier, not the lawyer
    Who has given us the right to a fair trial.

It is the Soldier, not the politician
    Who has given us the right to vote.

It is the Soldier who salutes the flag,
    Who serves beneath the flag,
    And whose coffin is draped by the flag,
    Who allows the protester to burn the flag.

....Charles M. Province

http://allenbwest.com/
    http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg
    Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

The Cold War is long since over, and sadly, The Moonbats were on the losing side.

But they haven't given up their fight against the great Satan ( America).

They support Gay Marrige, abortion rights, women's rights and are against Capitalism and Indivualism... But they also support IslmoFascist, why? Because its anti-American, that's why.

An fool will always find ways to hurt himself; but a true asshole will find a way to hurt as many people as possible so they can feel good.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.