Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    HE JUST POSTED THOSE REASONS.
    He probably has more.

He gave you a whole history of Jesse Jackson's lies and opportunism, his abuse of King's legacy.
    Okay. Not sure why it is that big of a deal. I see nothing wrong with CNN asking him to speak on the 50th Anniversary of a seminal moment in the Civil Rights Movement of which he as a part. Fucking sue me.

Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    He probably has more.
    Mr. Non-committal at his finest.

Okay. Not sure why it is that big of a deal. I see nothing wrong with CNN asking him to speak on the 50th Anniversary of a seminal moment in the Civil Rights Movement of which he as a part.
    Of course you don't see a problem with this.

Fucking sue me.
    Looks like something that was said touched a nerve.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

I am sure you have many reasons. Me too.

Still, he was part of the Civil Rights Movement of the time. Or are you arguing that he wasn't?
    Oh, he was there, all right. Just ask Dr. Ralph Abernathy:

SCLC appointed King's close associate, Dr. Ralph Abernathy, to succeed the slain leader as head of the organization. This move angered Jackson, who had hoped to be the heir to King's civil-rights mantle. Soon thereafter, a black Chicago Tribune reporter named Angela Parker discovered that, Jackson, in the aftermath of King’s assassination, had embezzled money from Operation Breadbasket. Parker went to Atlanta and presented the evidence to Abernathy, who publicly confronted Jackson with the charges. Abernathy suspended Jackson for sixty days beginning on December 6, 1971, and SCLC board chairman Joseph Lowery charged Jackson with “administrative improprieties and repeated acts of violation of organizational policies.”

Jackson stole from the movement. He ripped off the hard-earned money donated by good, decent people to help other people. Still think that it's appropriate to have him speak? Think of it this way: Judas was an Apostle. Would you have had him speak at the 50th anniversary of the Sermon on the Mount?

He probably has more.

Okay. Not sure why it is that big of a deal. I see nothing wrong with CNN asking him to speak on the 50th Anniversary of a seminal moment in the Civil Rights Movement of which he as a part. Fucking sue me.
    I've got lots more, but the basic issue is that Jackson was drummed out of the Civil Rights Movement because he was caught ripping it off.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Jackson was drummed out of the Civil Rights Movement because he was caught ripping it off.
    Which was just a dress rehearsal for what he's done to corporations with his Rainbow PUSH Organization.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

I've got lots more, but the basic issue is that Jackson was drummed out of the Civil Rights Movement because he was caught ripping it off.
    Which, of course, means that he does not represent Dr. King's legacy.

Which means that he should not be representing that legacy at the anniversary celebration.

Got that?

Oh, he was there, all right. Just ask Dr. Ralph Abernathy:

SCLC appointed King's close associate, Dr. Ralph Abernathy, to succeed the slain leader as head of the organization. This move angered Jackson, who had hoped to be the heir to King's civil-rights mantle. Soon thereafter, a black Chicago Tribune reporter named Angela Parker discovered that, Jackson, in the aftermath of King’s assassination, had embezzled money from Operation Breadbasket. Parker went to Atlanta and presented the evidence to Abernathy, who publicly confronted Jackson with the charges. Abernathy suspended Jackson for sixty days beginning on December 6, 1971, and SCLC board chairman Joseph Lowery charged Jackson with “administrative improprieties and repeated acts of violation of organizational policies.”

Jackson stole from the movement. He ripped off the hard-earned money donated by good, decent people to help other people. Still think that it's appropriate to have him speak? Think of it this way: Judas was an Apostle. Would you have had him speak at the 50th anniversary of the Sermon on the Mount?

The only place I could find that was on a dodgy rightwing propaganda site. You have anything more concrete?

And you are using one side of an SCLC power struggle to try and make a point. Ironically too since that side was critical of Jackson saying his efforts help black business owners instead of poor blacks.

The only place I could find that was on a dodgy rightwing propaganda site.
    Got a link? Your dodgy is everyone else's credible source.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

The only place I could find that was on a dodgy rightwing propaganda site. You have anything more concrete?

And you are using one side of an SCLC power struggle to try and make a point. Ironically too since that side was critical of Jackson saying his efforts help black business owners instead of poor blacks.
    Except that most of the criticism came from Jackson lining his own pockets. This proved to be a difficult story to research, not surprising, given that the story is extremely embarrassing to the SCLC, which has never gone public with the allegations, and the reporter who broke the story ended up in hiding afterwards, due to Jackson's harrassment, however, there are a few sites that discuss the controversy. The Encyclopedia Britannica entry on Jesse Jackson states:

Accused of using the SCLC for personal gain, Jackson was suspended by the organization, whereupon he formally resigned in 1971 and founded Operation PUSH (People United to Save Humanity), (http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/.../Jesse-Jackson)

Politico (hardly a rightwing site, but still rather a dodgy leftwing propaganda site) quoted the same comment in their bio of Jackson (http://www.politico.com/arena/bio/jesse_jackson.html).

Clarence Page, no conservative, wrote about the reporter who uncovered the scandal (http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1...is-farrakhan):

When Angela Parker, then a reporter for The Tribune, exposed in 1971 the disputes between Jackson and the Southern Christian Leadership Conference that eventually led to Jackson`s departure and the founding of Operation PUSH, Jackson castigated her from his pulpit, comparing her to the deranged woman who once stabbed Dr. King. Later the reporter`s home was picketed and she was terrorized with threatening phone calls.

FOFWeb (http://www.fofweb.com/History/MainPr...C&WinType=Free) ran Jackson's bio from the Encyclopedia of African-American Politics, which also alluded to the embezzlement charge:

After the Poor People's Campaign, Jackson asked for a higher position within SCLC but was turned down by the group's board of directors. Returning to Chicago to run Operation Breadbasket, Jackson was recognized as the city's preeminent black leader as Operation Breadbasket's protests and related activities (including "Black Expo," an exposition of black business and cultural accomplishments) became highly successful. In 1971 the SCLC board asked Jackson to move Operation Breadbasket to Atlanta, the group's national headquarters; Jackson refused. Later the board suspended Jackson for 60 days because of a conflict about the management of SCLC's Breadbasket funds. Rather than accept the suspension, Jackson resigned and created Operation PUSH (People United to Save Humanity). Naming himself president of Operation PUSH, Jackson continued the Breadbasket activities, expanding them to include political organizing and mobilization.

Then, there is this publication, The Third Way (http://books.google.com/books?id=aox...page&q&f=false), which provides more detail, including the specifics of the allegations against Jackson. It seems that Jackson had run an expo under the auspice of Operation Breadbasket, but used the opportunity to line his own pockets. An audit resulted in Jackson's suspension and resignation.

Now, given what we know about Jackson's subsequent career, embezzling and shaking down corporations has always been part of his MO. Any reasonable person would conclude that Jackson's ouster from SCLC was the result of the same kinds of fiscal malfeasance that has dogged him in every endeavor that he's been a part of since then, but I have no idea what you will conclude.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

By the way, was Dr. Alveda King (niece of MLK Jr.) there?

Senior Member Unreconstructed Reb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    Ok that confirms you're a lunatic.

MLK a Communist?

What an effing moron.
    King had communist ties, took money from communist sources and was a strong proponent of labor unions, much like the current occupier of the Oval Office and I'll bet that if I stated that 0blowme was a communist you'd agree whole heartedly.

But, I understand that King is a messiah to some and completely untouchable kinda like the current false messiah.

How's that hope and change working out for you, catfish?
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that you won't need it until they try to take it away."---Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ