Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    If the cost of labor doubles, I see a major opportunity for robotics engineers in the food service machinery arena...perhaps starting with one line with an experimental pick-n-pay touchscreen self-help register at the counter.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    OK some one has to ask. $36.00 pr hr is big bucks. that's almost 80.000.00 a year. are you that qualified for that high of pay? Is that the kind of pay the gov gives ? I mean you don't have to be smart or anything. Why do you deserve that high pay?
    Florida DOC maxes out at $23.74/hr including incentive, cost of living differential, worst prison differential, and uniform allowance.

Quote Originally Posted by DumbAss Tanker View Post
    If the cost of labor doubles, I see a major opportunity for robotics engineers in the food service machinery arena...perhaps starting with one line with an experimental pick-n-pay touchscreen self-help register at the counter.
    McDonalds here in Germany already has self order/pay kiosks where all you do when you get to the counter is pick up your order.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Only about 5% of fast food workers make minimum wage. (http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/25730...-minimum-wage/) Most make above that.

The strike had nothing to do with minimum wage, but everything to do with unions needing members.

The food industry workers were silly enough to fall for it. They will unionize, get a very small raise, and start paying union dues. Prices will go up, business will go down, jobs will be lost.

Most restaurants are not owned by the name on the sign, they are franchises. Mom and pop operations owned by people in the same community as the employees. The owners usually go a few years without even drawing a paycheck and if they do it's a very small one compared to the hours they put in. They have very slim profit margins.
    Last edited by RobJohnson; 08-31-2013 at 04:12 PM.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    Only about 5% of fast food workers make minimum wage. (http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/25730...-minimum-wage/) Most make above that.

The strike had nothing to do with minimum wage, but everything to do with unions needing members.

The food industry workers were silly enough to fall for it. They will unionize, get a very small raise, and start paying union dues. Prices will go up, business will go down, jobs will be lost.

Most restaurants are not owned by the name on the sign, they are franchises. Mom and pop operations owned by people in the same community as the employees. The owners usually go a few years without even drawing a paycheck and if they do it's a very small one compared to the hours they put in. They have very slim profit margins.
    So they work in restaurants because they are stupid. They try to organize because they are stupid. Well gee, Rob, what do they have to do to be as smart as you and NJ? Get a government job?

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Well gee, Rob, what do they have to do to be as smart as you and NJ? Get a government job?
    No...just smarter than you.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

So they work in restaurants because they are stupid. They try to organize because they are stupid. Well gee, Rob, what do they have to do to be as smart as you and NJ? Get a government job?
    Where did I use the word stupid?

Nice try.

The union organizers use brilliant tricks to pull this off. It failed in several cities. The majority of the restaurant workers knew better.

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    McDonalds here in Germany already has self order/pay kiosks where all you do when you get to the counter is pick up your order.
    Not coincidentally, Germany has unions, labor laws, and wage/hour laws much like what the Left wants to see installed here...

Quote Originally Posted by DumbAss Tanker View Post
    Not coincidentally, Germany has unions, labor laws, and wage/hour laws much like what the Left wants to see installed here...
    I have heard that they even tell you what kind of job you are allowed to have.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    OK some one has to ask. $36.00 pr hr is big bucks. that's almost 80.000.00 a year. are you that qualified for that high of pay? Is that the kind of pay the gov gives ? I mean you don't have to be smart or anything. Why do you deserve that high pay?
    Max officer(10 steps) makes $83,000 which is about $40 an hour. I'm at step 5(should be at step 6) and make $70K. I'm as qualified as the state of NJ says I am. We are paid for what might happen. I work around convicted criminals all day and am surrounded by a host of diseases including TB which is another story for another day. Every day I leave for work might be my last. In short, anything can happen when surrounded by a bunch of guys who can turn a top of a juice cup into a deadly weapon. Not to mention I work in the profession with the highest divorce rate, suicide rate, alcoholic rate, etc. However, after deductions(insurance, taxes, pension contribution, the additional disability insurance I carry because SLI is no more), our paychecks take a hit every 2 weeks. Oh, are we PHD's? No, but you can't be an idiot and do my job. You will become "food" in a heartbeat if you're stupid(look up the term prison food on Urban Dictionary).

No you aren't; you bitched for a week about having to pay a share of your insurance premium that is typical of most employer plans.
    Wrong, nimrod. "Most employees" might not get a shank stuck in their necks at any given time and with this new health insurance policy coupled with the governor squashing our insurance that allowed us to be paid our regular salary if we were to, you know, get beaten to a pulp by a gang of inmates or stabbed in the neck with the aforementioned shank which is now being treated the same as a secretary slipping on an icy sidewalk, our situation is unique to your run in the mill employee.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.