Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    A security guard makes $10/hr. Your salary is higher because your job carries certain risks. That doesn't alter the fact that the employee contribution you spoke of is typical for any worker in a large plan (government or corporate).
    I worked for American Airlines from 1999-2003 and never paid $250 a month for my health insurance. Hell, I recall paying something like $10 a month for Aetna.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Does your wife know about this?
    That you'd get fired for sucking an inmates cock? Absolutely she does.

When I started to organize a chain restaurant, the objection which surprised me was this one. Some of my co-workers said that they didn't want to be unionized because "If we're union then we can't be late, or leave early, and the rules are strict." Seriously, their complaint was that if we went union then they would have to be good employees (and earn the additional pay and benefits). That's sad. I've never understood people who would rather make less than do a good job.
    Are you really that dense?

Assuming this story is true...you unionize the waiters you actually harm what then make via tips.

No wonder they got upset with you.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    I worked for American Airlines from 1999-2003 and never paid $250 a month for my health insurance. Hell, I recall paying something like $10 a month for Aetna.
    I had a couple jobs were I paid zero for health premiums. Now that employers are required to cover "children" up to the age of 26 years old, those days are long gone.

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    Cool story bro...

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    Are you really that dense?

Assuming this story is true...you unionize the waiters you actually harm what then make via tips.
    I made my most tips in a union house. You don't know what you are talking about.

Fabulous Poster
    In 1999 a major banking corporation employee would pay $178/mo for E+1 coverage. In 1988 I was paying $179 a month for major medical BCBS self-employed. None of those premiums included vision and dental.

In 1999 a major banking corporation employee would pay $178/mo for E+1 coverage. In 1988 I was paying $179 a month for major medical BCBS self-employed. None of those premiums included vision and dental.
    I never did. I paid zero.

That was their choice to present plans like that. And bank employees aren't around inmates with HIV, Hep A,B,C, TB, and whatever else you can think of.

Fabulous Poster
    That was their choice to present plans like that. And bank employees aren't around inmates with HIV, Hep A,B,C, TB, and whatever else you can think of.
    That's what Workers Comp is for. It has nothing to do with your benefits.