1. #1 MLK and St. Skittles 
    These shirts were on sale at the MLK ceremonies yesterday.

God help this nation......

Every decade has it's major tragedy and I have a feeling ours will be here soon.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Is that Eddie Murphy?

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

Whatever one's opinion on whether Zimmerman is guilty of 2nd degree murder or not, this type of thing is a reaction to those who use sarcastic terms to describe a dead teenager. Terms like "St. Skittles", or the worse things I've seen at The Blaze or at Freerepublic. There are a lot of people who view that as dehumanizing a kid who looks like their kids. A kid who wears hoodies like their kids do. People whose kids do stupid things, like cut through other people's backyards as a shortcut home.

I don't think Zimmerman was guilty of 2nd degree murder. I also think that the death of a 17 year old is a tragedy, and I don't think that it does any good to trash that kid now that the trial is over. If Rock is right and there is a tragedy coming due to this, that type of thing just feeds the flames.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Whatever one's opinion on whether Zimmerman is guilty of 2nd degree murder or not, this type of thing is a reaction to those who use sarcastic terms to describe a dead teenager. Terms like "St. Skittles", or the worse things I've seen at The Blaze or at Freerepublic. There are a lot of people who view that as dehumanizing a kid who looks like their kids. A kid who wears hoodies like their kids do. People whose kids do stupid things, like cut through other people's backyards as a shortcut home.
    No, noonie, this type of thing is an attempt to keep the propaganda started by Julison Communications at the behest of Benjamin Crump going. The shirts were not sold at a Tea Party event. They were sold at the MLK 50th anniversary. Clearly the market the vendors were going for was not Zimmerman supporters. The target of these shirts is clearly the "faithful": it's preaching to the choir, so to speak.

"St Skittles" is actually a disparagement of the media/Julison/Crump nexus that gave us the picture of a 12-year-old boy going to 7-11 for candy during the NBA game when he was heartlessly stalked for an hour and shot by a huge white-Hispanic mad man because he was black. "St. Skittles" is a way to mock that false image, created in the bowels of Julison Communications and marketed to either the laziest or the most complicit media on record. It was that false media image (as well the blatant lies told by the family and Crump) that most people remember as "truth", when in fact very little of it was the truth.

I'm sorry you take personal offense, but understand that in supporting the "Little boy shot by the mean old huge white (hispanic) guy" narrative, you are a part of that lie. There's a moral value to your opinion here.

That being said, the ending of a young life is a tragedy. But my personal sympathy evaporated within days of finding out how the family and Crump and, crucially, the media were lying. Once you lie to me over and over--with 12-year old pix of a 17-year old teen, with stories about the police that turn out to be false, with the timeline of events (Trayvon was dead before the NBA game), with the alleged whiteness of someone who identifies as Hispanic and voted for Obama, etc.--then you permanently lose your right to claim my sympathy.

It's the blatant and unrepentant lying I hate: the Twana Brawley case, the Duke LaCross case, the Trayvon Martin case. You can cry over a the poor rape victims that weren't, or the baby honor student that wasn't. My sympathy goes to the falsely accused, the falsely tried, and those whose lives were ruined by lies.

All of that underlies my use of "St. Skittles". It's one of the few releases of frustration I have while I watch con men like Al Sharpton make a fortune out of ruining people.

It's the blatant and unrepentant lying I hate: the Twana Brawley case, the Duke LaCross case, the Trayvon Martin case. You can cry over a the poor rape victims that weren't, or the baby honor student that wasn't. My sympathy goes to the falsely accused, the falsely tried, and those whose lives were ruined by lies.
    And, this is lost by those who feel so damn righteous in defending a certain group, or race no matter the facts. LIVES ARE RUINED!. And, we're talking about innocent lives.

I think back to the "Little Rascals" daycare fiasco. The accused were innocent and their lives, their careers, even their ability to just exist in their own community was zapped from them in an instant. And, it was done with the help of many people who jumped on board of the side that made them feel good.

Much of Duke's faculty jumped to condemn the lacrosse team. They obviously had no facts. And, they were more than willing to ruin others lives if it made them feel better about themselves. And, the media was good with it. Like the esteemed professors, they had to be drug kicking and screaming to the truth.

Very good reply, Elspeth.

Quote Originally Posted by 3rd-try View Post
    And, it was done with the help of many people who jumped on board of the side that made them feel good.

That's exactly right.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    "...If Rock is right and there is a tragedy coming due to this, that type of thing just feeds the flames.".....
    That precisely what those intent on rending America ASUNDER are counting on.

They truly do plan on dividing and conquering,