Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Syria's Chemical Weapons 
    Food for thought: What are the chances that what he is using are the weapons that Saddam Hussein had smuggled out of Iraq at the start of the Iraq War?
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

I guess that depends on what kind of shelf life the chemicals have.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Food for thought: What are the chances that what he is using are the weapons that Saddam Hussein had smuggled out of Iraq at the start of the Iraq War?
    Lots of conflicting intelligence on whether he ever did so. In addition, there is mounting evidence that the Saudi's supplied the rebels with the Chemicals to stage this attack. Or possibly Al Nasra front, who it appears has access to some labs to make the stuff.
    The only "confirmation" of chemicals is coming from the Obama administration.
    The videos of the chemical attacks are also troubling as none of the first responders are in any type of protective clothing. You would not likely try to treat chemical casualties and not become one yourself. Pouring water in someone's eyes is not goint to cut it.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    You have to use them pretty quick or they turn to poison, there is a warning on bottom , best if used by
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Sarin itself only lasts for a few weeks while created. Its components are usually stored, and then mixed when it seems it's time to use the gas.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    Lots of conflicting intelligence on whether he ever did so. In addition, there is mounting evidence that the Saudi's supplied the rebels with the Chemicals to stage this attack. Or possibly Al Nasra front, who it appears has access to some labs to make the stuff.
    The only "confirmation" of chemicals is coming from the Obama administration.
    The videos of the chemical attacks are also troubling as none of the first responders are in any type of protective clothing. You would not likely try to treat chemical casualties and not become one yourself. Pouring water in someone's eyes is not goint to cut it.
    Ben Swann again? Really?

Sarin is relatively easy to make, but difficult to deply. Unless the al Nusra Front has field artillery pieces with chemical warheads, which is the delivery system that was used, then the odds are that it was Assad that used them.

Also, the source that stated that Saddam's WMD stockpiles were shipped to Syria was the Chief of Staff of the IDF, Gen Yaalon. In addition, there is precedent. During the first Gulf War, Saddam sent his air force into Iran to prevent massive losses; he had a history of shipping high-value weapons to safe havens, and Yaalon is a credible source. This was further corroborated by former Iraqi general Georges Sada, who claimed that Saddam had ordered all of his stockpiles to be moved to Syria in 2002 in advance of the arrival of weapon inspectors. Sada claimed that Iraqi relief operations for the June 4 Zeyzoun Dam disaster in Syria were used as a pretext for the air convoys.

Whether we engage Syria or not, we should take action based on the best intel available, not the ravings of a Paulestinian reporter who has been shilling for Assad.
    Last edited by Odysseus; 08-30-2013 at 03:45 PM.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Ben Swann again? Really?

Sarin is relatively easy to make, but difficult to deply. Unless the al Nusra Front has field artillery pieces with chemical warheads, which is the delivery system that was used, then the odds are that it was Assad that used them.

Also, the source that stated that Saddam's WMD stockpiles were shipped to Syria was the Chief of Staff of the IDF, Gen Yaalon. In addition, there is precedent. During the first Gulf War, Saddam sent his air force into Iran to prevent massive losses; he had a history of shipping high-value weapons to safe havens, and Yaalon is a credible source. This was further corroborated by former Iraqi general Georges Sada, who claimed that Saddam had ordered all of his stockpiles to be moved to Syria in 2002 in advance of the arrival of weapon inspectors. Sada claimed that Iraqi relief operations for the June 4 Zeyzoun Dam disaster in Syria were used as a pretext for the air convoys.

Whether we engage Syria or not, we should take action based on the best intel available, not the ravings of a Paulestinian reporter who has been shilling for Assad.
    Attacking the messenger again.

Prove it or be quiet.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    You have to use them pretty quick or they turn to poison, there is a warning on bottom , best if used by
    We need to get Stephen King to give us the recipe for The Dome! That is awesome! Dome the mid-east!

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    Attacking the messenger again.

Prove it or be quiet.
    Prove what, that Swann's a shill for Assad? You already proved that with your first post with one of his videos, where he presented an Alawite as a neutral observer of the Assad regime. Remember? No? Click here: http://www.conservativeunderground.c...l=1#post555351 His "witness" eventually admitted that he was an Alawite, which means that he's part of Assad's clan. Swann didn't pick up on that, which means that he's either hopelessly ignorant of the facts in Syria, or he's a shill for Assad. I'll accept either answer, but neither of them gives him any credibility.

Or do you want me to prove that Saddam's WMDs are in Syria? Sorry, but the best that I can do is attribute the open source information, which I've done, but given that the open sources are pretty reliable, I'm willing to go along with them.

Prove that the Assad regime was the source of the WMD attack? Again, the delivery system was heavy artillery. Assad has it, the rebels don't; they have small arms and not much of that. Therefore, the odds are that the regime used the WMD. Now, if somebody credible provides proof that the rebels did it, then I'll revisit the issue, but that hasn't happened yet.

As for being quiet, sorry, but I just checked my rating scheme and you aren't in my chain of command, so I'll decline your order.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Why is it so difficult to believe that the Syrian regime used chemical weapons?