Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 59
  1. #31  
    Ancient Fire Breather Retread's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    I came to Texas as soon as I could
    Posts
    4,698
    i accept no excuse and there are no reasons. Abandoning your duty to vote is abandoning your country.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #32  
    Senior Member DumbAss Tanker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    2,595
    Well, if Christie is the candidate in 2016, I guess I'll just have to learn to live with your disapproval. Somehow.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #33  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    41,883
    Quote Originally Posted by DumbAss Tanker View Post
    Well, if Christie is the candidate in 2016, I guess I'll just have to learn to live with your disapproval. Somehow.
    Ain't hapnin.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #34  
    Senior Member Molon Labe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Jihad Me At Hello
    Posts
    4,769
    Quote Originally Posted by Retread View Post
    i accept no excuse and there are no reasons. Abandoning your duty to vote is abandoning your country.

    .....and I feel the same way about those of you who believe that your greatest act of citizenship is to walk to the polls one day in November and pull a lever.

    BTW: Some really bomb diddily wise people agree with you.

    Voting is the most precious right of every citizen, and we have a moral obligation to ensure the integrity of our voting process. Hillary Clinton
    Nobody will ever deprive the American people of the right to vote except the American people themselves and the only way they could do this is by not voting. Franklin D. Roosevelt

    Real Patriots resist abuses of government power over the individual BEFORE they worry about their vote. That's a 365 day a year job.


    If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal. - Emma Goldman
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown


    The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #35  
    LTC Member Odysseus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    FT Belvoir, VA
    Posts
    15,638
    Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    Thread needs retitle. Al Qaeda rebels chemical weapons.

    http://investmentwatchblog.com/fox-n...mical-weapons/
    Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    err....it's looking more and more like it was the rebels (Al-Qaeda) who had and used them.

    This is more oppropriate.

    For the reasons that I stated previously, it is highly unlikely that the al Nusra Front managed to deploy chemical weapons. They lack the artillery, for one thing. For another, it's not logical for them to assume that Obama would act on their behalf against Iran and Assad. In Libya, Obama took out Qaddafi, who was pretty much neutered. In Egypt, he undermined a pro-American regime to support the Brotherhood. In Iran, he ignored the anti-government protestors to support the mullahs. In each case, Obama has sided with the most anti-American faction available. The Syrian rebels couldn't assume that Obama would order an attack based on a limited attack, when the deaths of over 100,000 people didn't move him to act previously. In

    Quote Originally Posted by DumbAss Tanker View Post
    There are many 'mainstream' (cough) Republicans that would have screwed the pooch just as thoroughly, if in somewhat different ways, including Juan McLame. At least it's Democrat who get to go down in the annals of cluelessness this time.
    This is true, but there are some who wouldn't have. At the very least, most Republicans at least have a semblance of a clue where national security is concerned.

    Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    Oh..you believe the New England Junior varsity libtard Romney would have done differently? Nope...he'd be right there with McCain, Kerry and that idiot Lindsey Graham.

    No thanks. Why don't you actually get involved in your caucus/convention procedure or whatever your state POTUS certifying role is so you can stop believing in the false power of the vote to "change" things by all the idiots who come out in November.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

    Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #36  
    Ancient Fire Breather Retread's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    I came to Texas as soon as I could
    Posts
    4,698
    Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post

    .....and I feel the same way about those of you who believe that your greatest act of citizenship is to walk to the polls one day in November and pull a lever.

    BTW: Some really bomb diddily wise people agree with you.






    Real Patriots resist abuses of government power over the individual BEFORE they worry about their vote. That's a 365 day a year job.

    I go back a little further for my references.

    "Let each citizen remember at the moment he is offering his vote that he is not making a present or a compliment to please an individual--or at least that he ought not so to do; but that he is executing one of the most solemn trusts in human society for which he is accountable to God and his country. "
    Samuel Adams

    "Now more than ever the people are responsible for the character of their Congress. If that body be ignorant, reckless, and corrupt, it is because the people tolerate ignorance, recklessness, and corruption."
    James Garfield

    "A share in the sovereignty of the state, which is exercised by the citizens at large, in voting at elections is one of the most important rights of the subject, and in a republic ought to stand foremost in the estimation of the law. "
    Alexander Hamilton,

    "Should things go wrong at any time, the people will set them to rights by the peaceable exercise of their elective rights. "
    Thomas Jefferson,

    "The elective franchise, if guarded as the ark of our safety, will peaceably dissipate all combinations to subvert a Constitution, dictated by the wisdom, and resting on the will of the people. "
    Thomas Jefferson,

    "The rational and peacable instrument of reform, the suffrage of the people. "
    Thomas Jefferson,

    "Impress upon children the truth that the exercise of the elective franchise is a social duty of as solemn a nature as man can be called to perform; that a man may not innocently trifle with his vote; that every elector is a trustee as well for others as himself and that every measure he supports has an important bearing on the interests of others as well as on his own. "
    Daniel Webster
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #37  
    Senior Member Molon Labe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Jihad Me At Hello
    Posts
    4,769
    Quote Originally Posted by Retread View Post
    I go back a little further for my references.

    "Let each citizen remember at the moment he is offering his vote that he is not making a present or a compliment to please an individual--or at least that he ought not so to do; but that he is executing one of the most solemn trusts in human society for which he is accountable to God and his country. "
    Samuel Adams

    "Now more than ever the people are responsible for the character of their Congress. If that body be ignorant, reckless, and corrupt, it is because the people tolerate ignorance, recklessness, and corruption."
    James Garfield

    "A share in the sovereignty of the state, which is exercised by the citizens at large, in voting at elections is one of the most important rights of the subject, and in a republic ought to stand foremost in the estimation of the law. "
    Alexander Hamilton,

    "Should things go wrong at any time, the people will set them to rights by the peaceable exercise of their elective rights. "
    Thomas Jefferson,

    "The elective franchise, if guarded as the ark of our safety, will peaceably dissipate all combinations to subvert a Constitution, dictated by the wisdom, and resting on the will of the people. "
    Thomas Jefferson,

    "The rational and peacable instrument of reform, the suffrage of the people. "
    Thomas Jefferson,

    "Impress upon children the truth that the exercise of the elective franchise is a social duty of as solemn a nature as man can be called to perform; that a man may not innocently trifle with his vote; that every elector is a trustee as well for others as himself and that every measure he supports has an important bearing on the interests of others as well as on his own. "
    Daniel Webster

    Yeah Those are great quotes. Do you also have the ones where they said you should sit in your house watching NFL football and playing Angry Birds and watching Fox and CNN the other 364 days of the year?
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown


    The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #38  
    LTC Member Odysseus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    FT Belvoir, VA
    Posts
    15,638
    Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    Yeah Those are great quotes. Do you also have the ones where they said you should sit in your house watching NFL football and playing Angry Birds and watching Fox and CNN the other 364 days of the year?
    Those tend to come from Joe Biden.

    Seriously, though, what do you propose in addition to or in lieu of voting, and how much of it have you actually done?
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

    Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #39  
    Senior Member Molon Labe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Jihad Me At Hello
    Posts
    4,769
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Those tend to come from Joe Biden.

    Seriously, though, what do you propose in addition to or in lieu of voting, and how much of it have you actually done?
    The system operates 24/7. So being educated and actually being a part of the system more than 1 day a year is paramount.

    For one thing, you can do what the tea parties did during many state caucuses in 2012. One of the key reasons Romney wasn't a shoe in in those early caucus states was because citizens didn't sit on their duff and took over several of the leadership positions. People came out in support of those persons and knew the GOPs own rules and beat them at their own game. Many states and localities are in better position for 2014 and 2016 because of more and more citizen participation at the local level.

    I've said time and time again that I spend many weeks during the year being involved with other events. Attending local party meetings and actually asserting influence....as a private citizen of course.

    I realize there are certain limitations one such as yourself can do in the military and I'm sure you are aware of those and can't exactly engage in certain activities. but Army Command Policy and DODDIR 1344.10 leave alot of room for person's to help in the process in what capacity they are allowed. Military person's have been "key" to what has occurred with regards to Syria as of late.

    But actually for some people it's probably best if they think that voting is paramount and where change actually begins........so please forget what I said and just keep on doing what you all are doing while we get things back in order in the GOP. It might be better if some of you just stayed uninvolved.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown


    The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #40  
    Ancient Fire Breather Retread's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    I came to Texas as soon as I could
    Posts
    4,698
    Being retired means I can and do get involved on almost a daily basis. And I make sure no election goes by without casting a vote - since 1966. It may be a write in in lieu of the idiots on the ballot but I will file a ballot each and every time. And I have NEVER pulled a party ticket. I check out every candidate for every position and either pick one or decide on who should have been running AND VOTE!!!!!
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •